OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2019 17:30:55 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 03/11- 03/15

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we
have going on this week. All events are open to WOC members. For more
information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the
equipment room.

Announcements:

WOC TRAIL GUIDE 11 edition release gathering at the Williams Bookstore -
THURSDAY, 3/14 from 6:30 - 7:30pm. Hosted by the Williams Bookstore on
Spring St!  This 11th edition includes the most recent U.S.G.S. survey
contour map as well as updated trail descriptions and advice on trip
preparations and information for hiking, fishing, climbing, paddling and
winter activities. Books will be available for purchase at the event, and
Dan Gura ’10 (editor) and leaders of the Williams Outing Club will be on
hand to introduce the book and answer any questions about outdoor
activities in the North Berkshire area.

*Wanted: Female Whitewater Canoeist Trip Leaders!* Join the staff of
Songadeewin of Keewaydin in the heart of the Vermont Green Mountains where
the girls and women are Strong of Heart, and spend the summer teaching
girls to paddle while enjoying time in the wilderness of the northeast and
Canada.  We are an ACA accredited camp. Trip leaders must be 21+.  We
provide training through our Trip School which includes a four-day canoe
trip, a SOLO WFA course, CPR and a week of pre-season training, with the
ARC Lifeguard course as an option. You’ll live and work with campers; when
not tripping you’ll teach the skills you’re most proficient at in our full
in-camp program.  Commitment June 5 – August 17; very competitive salary;
room and board provided.  Contact Ellen Flight, camp director at

Sign Up for 4th quarter WOC PE classes through people soft! All classes
meet from 1pm - 4pm once a week for 6 weeks. If you have questions please
contact [log in to unmask] !

*MONDAY*:
Climbing
*WEDNESDAY*
Intermediate whitewater kayaking
*THURSDAY:*
Climbing
Hiking

*Friday:*
Intermediate whitewater kayaking
Hiking

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room is open M-Th 12:30 -1:30 and 12 -2
on Friday.  We have tons of gear to borrow! WOC memberships may be
purchased as may Mt. Day or Bamboo T-shirts. Email

WOC activities:

Friday:

Weekly Sunrise Hike - a real sunrise if we make the summit of Pine Cobble
at 7:05am! Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the weather (will
be wet!) , trail will be snowy, icy and wet!  Bring a headlamp, filled
water bottle and a cup for hot drinks. Return to campus by 8:30AM.
  Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions??

*March 16 - March 31 SPRING BREAK!!*

*Happy adventuring to all....*

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.