OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2023 13:19:18 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

April 3 - April 9,  2023

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have
going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

For more of all things WOC, including our general outdoor guide,
membership, and feedback form, visit our linktree
<https://linktr.ee/williamsoutingclub?utm_source=linktree_profile_share&ltsid=37b39c26-0132-4391-abe1-0c88a94b4494>
!

Announcements

Bellows Pipe overnight backpacking trip!!

Have you been itching to spend a night in the woods? Have you been trying
to go on a backpacking trip all year long? Join us on a moderate one night
escapade as we explore Bellows Pipe Trail and Ragged Mountain! We will be
leaving after classes, 4:30pm on Friday April 14th and returning to campus
Saturday afternoon. Please sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s2KJy5C4WvxA6Ki9fZhdl0OH7244_jUGWV7h-yTsvnM/edit>
by midnight on Saturday,  April 8th. Email Brianna ([log in to unmask]) or
Lillie ([log in to unmask])

Looking for a fun and exciting WOC PE class - still room in the following
classes.. please reach out to me ([log in to unmask]) directly if
interested.. a great study break for sure - rejuvenating to the point of
elevating your current GPA!!!

Monday - hiking - 1pm-4pm

Tuesday - 1-4pm WOC sampler (a cornucopia of WOC activities - canoeing,
bouldering, hiking, slacklining.. and more!)

Wednesday - hiking - 1pm-4pm

There is a new Spontaneous Outings Groupme! Please join!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be
outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are
happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info
about WOC and trips? The previous Spontaneous Outings Groupme has been
discontinued and we have a shiny brand new one that we want everyone to
join!! Join the NEW Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat here!
<https://groupme.com/join_group/92077585/fWKyAvA1>

Want to be part of the WOOLF Family? Join WOOLF Staff!

Looking for upperclassmen to join our Woolf Staff! You could be a Leader
Instructor, on the Food Team, Risk Management, Transportation, or help in
the Equipment Room! Please fill out this application form if you’re
interested…WOOLF instructor/staff form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSft9MSDPOPPn_wzMq38oUO58lYcFFmZ_5kKtL2ltXjk33xuJw/viewform>
Reach out to WOOLF Directors Kaleisha Towle (kmt2), Riku Nakano (rn9), and
Amina Naidjate (arn2) with any questions!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M- Th 12:30 -1:30 & F 12 -2.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on how things went? Fill out our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wdj6xIiZWEmztVxsQn9l2Dz_fCPJRg8isSEy1eoccI0/edit>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing!
Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

Friday:

Weekly sunrise hike– a “wake up” and down trek on Pine Cobble.** Meet on
Paresky steps at 5:55 AM for a dawn good sunrise hike - (sunrise at 6:25
AM). This is a 3 mile round trip hike with one thousand foot elevation gain
to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through your veins!!
Dress for cold weather and wear good footwear for a trail that will be
muddy and rocky! Winter hats and gloves needed for warmth at the summit.
Bring a headlamp/flashlight,, a filled water bottle and a cup for hot
drinks. Return to campus by 8:45AM. Please sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit?usp=sharing>
or email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Stone Hill Bouldering! Meet at the Equipment Room at 1:30 PM for a chance
to boulder at Stone Hill! This is a great opportunity to learn how to climb
outdoors if you haven't before! We’ll walk to the top of the clark and hike
from there to our bouldering spot. Bring a filled water bottle and climbing
gear if you have it.  Return to campus by 4:00 PM at the latest. Please
sign up on  this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit?usp=sharing>
and email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Saturday:

Tie Dye Palooza. Bring a white or light colored shirt (or other clothing
item) and bring some color into your life! No experience necessary. Meet
between Sage and Paresky at 1pm. Signup on this form and email
[log in to unmask] with any questions.

Full Moon Hike  AWOOO!!! Join us for an easy evening hike around the trails
at Field Farm of around 2miles and little to no elevation. We’ll leave from
the Park St. side of Paresky at 7 pm and be back by 9.  Wear sturdy closed
toe shoes, bring extra warm clothing and a water bottle, and enjoy a couple
hours off campus. Headlamps will be provided.  Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit>
and email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Sunday:

Mt Prospect sunny day hike! Looking for a way to enjoy the sun on a sunday?
Hike on the Appalachian Trail to a local favorite! The hike is moderately
challenging, at about 5.5 miles long with 1,300 ft of elevation gain. Wear
sturdy closed toed shoes fit for walking! Bring a water bottle and extra
layers. Meet at the Equipment Room at 1 pm. Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edi>
and email jtn1 with any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

------------------------------

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff
outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu
<https://listserv.williams.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=OUTING-NEWS-L> and follow the
instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix (
[log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for
this address as well.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.