OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:34:04 -0500
WOC J-TERM Winter PE Ski, Snowboard, Telemark, Nordic ski, Snowshoe
Instructors wanted:

IF interested please come by the WOC office, 2nd floor Pareksy to pick up
an application outside the office door! (RETURNING INSTRUCTORS DO NOT NEED
TO REAPPLY)   Questions?  contact [log in to unmask]

WOC Equipment Room:  The Equipment Room is open M-Th 12:30-1:30, & F 12-2.
We have tons of gear to borrow! WOC memberships may be purchased as may Mt.
Day or Bamboo T-shirts. Email [log in to unmask]

WOC activities:

*Friday: **Check out LOG LUNCH announcement at the bottom of this message!!*

Saturday:

See Dinosaur Footprints! Take a trip off campus to Dinosaur Footprints Park
in Holyoke, MA. We’ll leave at 10 am on Saturday, check out the park (which
contains 130 preserved footprints), then get lunch in Holyoke. Depending on
time and weather, we’ll also take a short hike in a nearby state park on
the way back. We will return to campus by 5:30 pm, in time for dinner.
Space limited- email Rosa at rlk2 with questions or to reserve a spot!

Sunday:

Bike Tour! Come on a biking tour to enjoy the last of the fall foliage and
visit the Alpacas at Sweet Brook Farm. Meet on Paresky steps at 9am. We
will return to campus by 11am. Contact Louisa ([log in to unmask]) to sign
up and indicate if you need to borrow a bike and/or helmet!

Taconic Ridge Hike! Come on a lovely hike to catch the last of the Fall
colors around Petersburg Pass. Depending on the trail conditions and
weather, we’ll be hiking around 5-8 miles and we’ll aim to leave campus at
10am and return mid-to-late afternoon. Contact Alex at afs4 to join or ask
any questions!

Thought of something you want to see happen, but isn’t listed here? Lead it
yourself! Email Alex at ads4 if you’re interested in becoming a trip leader
for WOC.

Log Lunch: The Berkshire High Road: a Plan for 100% Walkable Berkshires
Friday, November 9th, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Jenny Hansell, President, Berkshire Natural Resources Council.
Reservations $4 thru url:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRwjNs4ZdYtq_od_yQR159ynmEQr6RDc4ULbNyIYZwURyJvw/viewformor
dlewis @williams.edu.  If cost is a financial hardship financial aid
students may get a reduced-price lunch at CES office before Friday.
Sponsored by Center for Environmental Studies.
--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.