OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
"Oliver, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oliver, Ben
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2023 12:07:38 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

Oct 19 - Oct 22, 2023

Have you looked at the weather for tomorrow 🌧🌦🌧? We won the
weather-lottery on Mountain Day!

All events are open to the Williams College community.

------------------------------

Announcements

Interested in the Winter study LEAD 18 - SOLO Wilderness First Responder -
Emergency Medicine course - sign up online soon!  This is a continuous 9
day, 72 hour comprehensive hands on, in-depth look at the standards and
skills of dealing with wilderness based medical emergencies. The course
runs 9 consecutive days straight from 9AM–5PM. The instructor will be
provided by SOLO (Stonehearth Open Learning Opportunities). Cost is $475.
If interested please submit a statement of purpose by Oct. 27 to
[log in to unmask], explaining why you want to take the course and hope to
gain from the experience.

------------------------------

Facility Schedules

The WOC Equipment Room

Will be open M – Th, 12:30 —1:30 PM, & F 12–2 pm - Level M Paresky

Bouldering Barn Open Hours

Come visit the WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey.
Climbing shoes and chalk are provided. Bring a water bottle! There will
only be room for 10 climbers and 1 staff person in the space at one time.
Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TMtESwb7dl0YrNcxJMynyM5tbV8bLknjo-1rlRKQbOw/edit?usp=sharing>
to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

M & W 7 pm - 9 pm,

T & Th 4 pm - 7 pm (Thursday 4-5:30pm are non-cis-male hours),

F 2 - 4 pm

Sa & Su 2 pm - 5 pm

------------------------------

Activities - (Click here for extra information - i.e. mileage, elevation,
etc.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>
)

*NOTE: WOW and Coffee Date are full, but you can get on the waiting list in
case a spot opens up.*

Friday:

WOW (Water of the Week)

WOW!!! What better way to celebrate the end of the week than a little swim
in some beautiful refreshing local water? Lucky for you, Water of the Week
is here. Join the water-loving Brianna and Innes on an excursion to the
Cascades trail where we’ll hike, swim and hang for a bit before heading
back to campus.   Meet behind Resky at 4:30 with something to swim in and a
towel getting back no later than 6:15! ! Sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17x-HAj3oXQ7a6U_lnOn0sA3ygrNEk_-WtGBPFi981J8/edit?usp=sharing>
to be WOWed!!! Email [log in to unmask] with any questions :))

Saturday:

WOC Din!

Come enjoy a delicious dinner with great company at 7pm in the Garfield
Kitchen (not Dodd as was erroneously stated on Monday’s calendar)! We will
be serving a splendid vegetarian meal as well as a delicious dessert. Sign
up with this google form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepFstpIlY_jQH8ha36a4cgH6uDN1JCg6yH65R17sbB4YILsw/viewform?usp=sf_link>
(limited to 40 people) and please contact Abby Kinney ([log in to unmask])
with any questions.

Sunday:

Coffee Date

What’s better on a Sunday morning than a nice walk and a cup of coffee?
Join us as we head to Birch Hill, walk along some lovely trails, and enjoy
a cup of coffee (camping style) when we reach a nice view. Expect to walk
2-3 miles on mostly grass trails, with very gentle elevation gain. Wear
shoes you don’t mind getting dirty (it might be muddy!) and meet behind
Paresky at 10 am. Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17x-HAj3oXQ7a6U_lnOn0sA3ygrNEk_-WtGBPFi981J8/edit?usp=sharing>
and email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

------------------------------

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff
outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu
<https://listserv.williams.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=OUTING-NEWS-L> and follow the
instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix (
[log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for
this address as well.

If you no longer have access to your Williams.edu email, to unsubscribe,
send a request to [log in to unmask], and be sure to include your Williams
email address in the body of the email.

Ben Oliver (he/him)

Director

413-597-2304

Williams Outing Club

Paresky Center, Room 218

Williamstown, MA 01267

woc.williams.edu

We respectfully acknowledge that Williams College stands on the ancestral
homelands of the Stockbridge-Munsee Mohicans, who are the indigenous
peoples of the region now called Williamstown. Following tremendous
hardship after being forced from their valued homelands, they continued as
a sovereign Tribal Nation in Wisconsin, which is where they reside today.
We pay honor and respect to their ancestors past and present as we commit
to building a more inclusive and equitable space for all.

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.