OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:17:08 -0400
Reading Period is coming up soon!  Looking for something adventurous to do with your 4-day weekend?  Join WOC on one of these exciting  Reading Period trips!  We have many day trips and overnight trips going out – keep reading to find out what’s being offered!

Day Trips

1.	Day hike on Monday 10/8: Join Sonja and Will on a day hike! Meeting on Paresky steps at 9:30 AM, returning mid-afternoon.  Bring a water bottle and your lunch!  E-mail wck1 with questions or to sign up.

2.	Day hike on Tuesday 10/9: Dave will be leading a hike to scenic Spruce Hill via the Hoosac Range Trail, 6 miles round trip.  Email da1 to sign up.

Overnight Trips

1.	Local Backpacking Overnight:  Will and Kat will be leading a local one-night overnight trip from Sunday 10/7-Monday 10/8, leaving around 10 AM.  We’re starting at Clarendon Gorge and ending at Green Wall.  Gonna be awesome!  Estimated $20/person for food.  E-mail kaa3.

2.	Adirondack Backpacking: Craving beautiful fall color, mountain vistas, and relaxing solitude? Crave no more--WOC will be offering not one but TWO backpacking trips in the Adirondacks over Reading Period, one to the less-visited Dix Range and another to the gorgeous Great Range. The trips will head out Saturday morning (10/6), returning by dinnertime on Monday (10/8). Cost will be around $15/person. Previous hiking experience is highly recommended as mileage will be substantial. E-mail Gordon (gsb1) to sign up, indicating your trip preference if you have one.

3.	Saranac Lake Canoeing:  Sally and Gabe are leading a canoeing trip to Lower Saranac Lake and spending Saturday and Sunday nights on Martin Island. We will be canoeing 4-6 hours each day on rough water and possibly hiking up a local mountain on Sunday. The plan is to leave campus Saturday morning (10/6) and get back to campus Monday evening (10/8). Estimated cost is $30 per person, no previous canoeing experience necessary. E-mail sm8 to sign up.

Hope to see you on one of these trips!   Let’s hope for good weather – we could get a 5-day Reading Period if Mountain Day comes next week!

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.