OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Amy Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:06:19 -0500
Ahoy Mateys,

As all ye know, the pirate code of ethics is complicated: you can't just find and keep the treasure, ye have to want with a passion that consumes ye right down to yer peg leg or hook.  But we have an impostor on our hands, a threat to one of the only things we can trust in the pirate world, something as fundamental as knowing that X always marks the spot.

Long, long ago, before treasure became so "mainstream," a ship of pirates stole a chest of buried treasure...ironically.  They called themselves hipsters, and  had a complex code of ethics of their own, one that quenched all passion for glory and gold like the salty brine of Davey Jone's locker.  The treasure had truly fallen into the hands of the enemy--no one deserved treasure who didn't even want it!  But they took their irony seriously--I almost believed there was a bit of real yearning for gold beneath all that plaid.  Aye, the scurvy dogs did hide the treasure well, with clues so confounding that only the wiliest mates could figure them out.  For years we REAL pirates have been trying...to no avail

Now we look to ye-- If ye have a knack for irony and ye can navigate all the 'off the beaten path' spots on the Williams campus, grab a three person team and sail over to the WOC table in Paresky or email Henry Schmidt at hks3 to register. Our treasure is yer prize; we just want it back in the hands of someone who has the same fire in the belly as we do.  Race starts at 1 PM on this Saturday, 2/18; we need yer help!

SINCERELY,

Captain Ephraim Purplebeard
Chair of the League of Genuine Pirates
To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.