OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:04:34 -0400
OUTING CLUB EVENTS 10/22 - 10/28

ANNOUNCEMENTS
-The Equipment Room is open 12:30-1:30 PM on Monday-Thursday and 11-1 PM on Friday. Visit us in Paresky basement to check out gear with your WOC membership card.  If you are not yet a member, you can purchase a membership ($10 for students) in the Equipment Room.  WOC and Mountain Day T-shirts are also available.
-Weekly sunrise hikes still happen!! We’ve heard some confusion without the regular Thursday night sunrise hike reminders, so to clear things up... With Scott Lewis on sabbatical we’ve stopped cobbling together weekly puns (even though we know you’re pining away for them); however, we still rise to the challenge every Friday morning. Hope to see you there!

MONDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM

TUESDAY
-Polar Bear Swim: join us for a refreshing dip in the Green River.  Meet on Paresky steps at 9 PM, and don’t forget to bring warm clothes, a flashlight, and a towel. Email Scott at stw1 with questions.
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM
-Lead climbing clinic at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM. Participants must be belay certified at the wall and able to attend the second session the following week (10/30, 8:00pm-10:00pm).

WEDNESDAY
-Weekly WOC meeting 7 PM in Schapiro Hall 141, all members are welcome!  Contact Noah at nlw4 or Gabe at gml1 to learn more
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM
-Weekly Stonehill Camp Out and Stargazing (weather permitting): meet outside the WOC office in Paresky at 10:00 PM, bring (or check out) a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, water, and extra warm clothes. Contact Muzhou at ml4 with questions.
-Andrew Forsthoefel presents Walking to Listen: Recent Middlebury graduate Andrew Forsthoefel walked across the country, and will be presenting on his adventure.  Come to Paresky Auditorium from 8:30-10 PM to hear him speak. For more information, check out his website:  http://walkingtolisten.com/

THURSDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM

FRIDAY
-Sunrise Hike up Pine Cobble!  Meet at Chapin Steps at 6 AM. We will return to campus by 8:45AM. Make sure to bring your own cup for hot cocoa and/or tea!
-Backpacking Overnight: Leaves at 4:00, we will camp on the Adams side of Greylock, summit Greylock the next morning before making our way home. Get out while the weather is still good! E-mail Gordon at gsb1 or Adie at aam3 ASAP for more information or to sign up. First come, first served.

SATURDAY
-EPIC SUNRISE HIKE! Come take part in the tradition of summiting Mt. Greylock for the sunrise once a semester! We’ll meet at 4am and walk up the Bellows Pipe Trail to the summit. Back on campus by 9:30 AM. Email Sonja (smt1) for more information.
-Family Days Campfire: Bring your family or meet someone else’s.  Poker Flats fire pit, 8-9 pm
-Day Hike: Meet at the WOC office at 11AM for an afternoon hike. We’ll be back on campus around 4PM. Contact Sally at sm8 for more information.

SUNDAY
-BBBBB (Bike to Bennington for Brunch at the Blue Benn)!: leaving from Paresky steps at 8 AM.  BYOB - bring your own bike.  26 mile round-trip (with food halfway, don’t forget $ for your brunch!).  Contact Lucy at ljb1 or Lucie at lmc1 if interested.
-Nate Lowe Climbing Wall  is not open today, sorry.
-Family Days Hike: Up Pine Cobble.  Leaving at 9 AM from Chapin Steps.  Contact Kate at khd1 or Nora at epr1 for more information!

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.