OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Durell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2012 18:26:51 -0400
OUTING CLUB EVENTS 10/15 - 10/21

ANNOUNCEMENTS
-The Equipment Room is open 12:30-1:30 PM on Monday-Thursday and 11-1 PM on Friday. Visit us in Paresky basement to check out gear with your WOC membership card.  If you are not yet a member, you can purchase a membership ($10 for students) in the Equipment Room.  WOC and Mountain Day T-shirts are also available.

MONDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM

TUESDAY
-Outdoor Meditation: Come to WOC and Meditation Society’s outdoor meditation! Meet in front of Paresky at 2:30 PM.  Email wck1 with any questions.
-Polar Bear Swim: join us for a refreshing dip in the Green River.  Meet on Paresky steps at 9 PM, and don’t forget to bring warm clothes, a flashlight, and a towel. Email Scott at stw1 with questions.
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM

WEDNESDAY
-Weekly WOC meeting 7 PM in Schapiro Hall 141, all members are welcome!  Contact Noah at nlw4 or Gabe at gml1 to learn more
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM
-Weekly Stonehill Camp Out and Stargazing (weather permitting): meet outside the WOC office in Paresky at 10:00 PM, bring (or check out) a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, water, and extra warm clothes. Contact Muzhou at ml4 with questions.

THURSDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00 PM

FRIDAY
-Sunrise Hike up Pine Cobble!  Meet at Chapin Steps at 6 AM. We will return to campus by 8:45AM. Make sure to bring your own cup for hot cocoa and/or tea!

SATURDAY
-BBFM (Bike to Bennington Farmer’s Market)!: In celebration of Food Week, we will be biking to the Bennington Farmer’s Market to shop for delicious local food!  Leaving from Paresky steps at 9 AM.  Bring your own bike, money to buy produce, and a small backpack to carry home your goodies! Contact Lucy at ljb1 or Lucie at lmc1 if interested.
-Backpacking Overnight: on Mount Greylock! E-mail Noah at nlw4 for more information or to sign up.
-Magic Mountain Ski Hill Trail Work: Email bjs2 for more information.
-Day Hike: Email amh5 for more information or to sign up.

SUNDAY
-Homework Day Hike: Grab your boots and your books to do your work in a more scenic location!  We’ll be hiking up the Dome and spending some time on top - what better place to do your reading? We will leave at 2 PM and return by dark.  Email Steph at srd2 to sign up.  Note: if the weather is bad, it will become a regular day hike, and we’ll be back earlier.

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.