WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

April 15 - April 21, 2024

Spring is coming…

Announcements

Spring Backpacking Trip 4/20–4/21 🌷🥾🏕️🗼

We will be leading a backpacking trip this weekend (location dependent on conditions). The trip is open to all experience levels, however there will be a moderately challenging hike involved. The trip will leave early morning Saturday (4/20) and return late morning or early afternoon on Sunday (4/21). Space is very limited. Fill out this form to express interest.

WOOLF [still] Needs You!!

Maybe you missed it in January, or maybe you weren’t sure about your spring plans, or maybe you are just super motivated by today's weather to spend more time outdoors! Whatever your reason, WOOLF is still looking for Spring Staff to help out with logistics for WOOLF leader training in May. If you are interested in helping out and can commit to all (or at least most of) May 19-24th, please email [log in to unmask] to express your interest, and we will follow up.

Facility Schedules

The WOC Equipment Room - Level M Paresky

Mon - Thu 12:30 - 1:30 pm

Fri 12:00 - 2:00 pm

Bouldering Barn Open Hours

Come visit the WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey.  Climbing shoes and chalk are provided. Bring a water bottle! There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 staff person in the space at one time.  Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

Mon & Wed 7 - 9 pm

Tue & Thu 4 - 7 pm

F 2 -4 pm

Sa & Su 2 - 5 pm

Activities - (Click here for extra information - i.e. mileage, elevation, etc.)

Tuesday

Midweek plunge to re-energize!

Need a quick break between classes to refresh? Join us for a morning dip in the Green River! We will meet on Resky steps at 10:30am to walk over to Linear Park together, enjoy a quick swim, and then head back to campus. We’ll be back by 11:30. Bring a towel and some warm layers to put on after. No need to sign up, but feel free to email @bmd2 with any questions!

Thursday

Take a study break to make rock cairns on Stoney Beach

What is a cairn? Where is Stoney Beach? Join WOC in an accessible, 1 mile out-and-back hike to the scenic, rocky beach behind Cole Fields to orient yourself with the trails around campus! We will meet at Paresky steps at 10:00 am. After we walk to our destination from Resky steps, we will relax, make small rock towers (cairns), journal, bird watch, or anything else that brings you a sense of peace. We will be back to campus by 11:00 am. Sign up here for good times and email @rsp4 with any questions.

Friday

Weekly Sunrise Hike

A “wake up” and down trek on Pine Cobble for a REAL sunrise!!  Meet on Paresky steps (Baxter lawn side) at 5:55 AM for a dawn good sunrise hike - (sunrise at 6:15 AM). This is a 3 mile round trip hike with one thousand foot elevation gain to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through your veins!! Dress for the chilly weather and wear good footwear for a trail that will be icy,  wet, muddy and rocky! Bring a headlamp (trail will be dark, filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks. Return to campus by 8:45AM. Please sign up here or email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Saturday

Kick off Earth Week with a Cascades Trail Affinity Hike to a Waterfall!

Part of a MinCo group? Interested in exploring a nearby trail while discussing what the outdoors mean to you? The Zilkha Center, MinCo, and WOC are collaborating to host a 2.2 mile out-and-back affinity hike on the Cascades Trail! We'll meet at Paresky steps at 2:00pm, and we should be back by 4:30pm. Please sign up here and email pmm3 with any questions.

Sunday

Evening trail run on the Taconic Crest

Come for a “easy pace” run on the Taconic Crest trail! There are great views of upstate New York at sunset. We will be doing a 6-mile out-and-back to the top of Mt. Berlin leaving at 4 PM from Paresky steps. Sign up here and contact cch3 with any questions.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix ([log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.

If you no longer have access to your Williams.edu email, to unsubscribe, send a request to [log in to unmask], and be sure to include your Williams email address in the body of the email.

--

Ben Oliver (he/him)

Director

413-597-2304

Williams Outing Club

Paresky Center, Room 218

Williamstown, MA 01267

woc.williams.edu

We respectfully acknowledge that Williams College stands on the ancestral homelands of the Stockbridge-Munsee Mohicans, who are the indigenous peoples of the region now called Williamstown. Following tremendous hardship after being forced from their valued homelands, they continued as a sovereign Tribal Nation in Wisconsin, which is where they reside today. We pay honor and respect to their ancestors past and present as we commit to building a more inclusive and equitable space for all.

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.