WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

Nov. 2 - Nov 5, 2023

Hello WOC family! Welcome back to campus and WOC – your home for adventure!! All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Day light savings time -  FALL back 1 hr Saturday night!!

Daylight Saving Time ends on Sunday, November 5, 2023, at 2:00 A.M. On Saturday night, clocks are set back 1 hour (i.e., gaining one hour) to “fall back.” Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour earlier on Nov 5, 2023, than the day before. There will be more light in the morning.

HIKECEUM– Invite a professor/staff member on a leisurely hike and enjoy the outdoors together!

If you liked Doddceum or Lyceum, check out Hikeceum, WOC’s NEW version of outdoor bonding with a professor or staff member over a hike. This leisurely students and staff hike/walk will be held on Saturday November 11th from 1:00 - 2:30 PM on a beautiful Fall morning in Hopkins Memorial Forest. Sign up on the form below and invite your favorite professor or staff member!!

https://forms.gle/CAG4eX1WG7W45foQ6

Facility Schedules

The WOC Equipment Room

Will be open M – Th, 12:30 —1:30 PM, & F 12–2 pm - Level M Paresky

Bouldering Barn Open Hours

Come visit the WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey. Climbing shoes and chalk are provided. Bring a water bottle! There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 staff person in the space at one time.  Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

M & W 7 pm - 9 pm,

The Bouldering Barn will be closed for Halloween on 10/31

Th 4 pm - 7 pm (Thursday 4-5:30pm are non-cis-male hours),

F 2 - 4 pm

Sa & Su 2 pm - 5 pm

Activities - (Click here for extra information - i.e. mileage, elevation, etc.)

Friday:

WOW (Water of the Week)

WOW!!! What better way to celebrate the end of the week than a little swim in some beautiful refreshing local water? Lucky for you, Water of the Week is here. Join the water-loving Brianna and Innes on an excursion to the Cascades trail where we’ll hike, swim and hang for a bit before heading back to campus.  We’ve had to cancel the last few weeks because of rain and sickness, but we persist. One day, surely, we’ll make it to the fabled Cascades! Meet behind Resky at 4:30 with something to swim in and a towel getting back no later than 6:15! ! Sign up on this form to be WOWed!!! Email [log in to unmask] with any questions :))

Sunday:

Late RISERS hike to STONY LEDGE!

Come celebrate the end? Start? Of daylight savings time by FALLing back on your HAUNCHES and going on a HIKE. Join CHRIS flores and Sam D on a lovely 9am trek up the Roaring Brook trail to Stony Ledge to peep some FOLIAGE, make some FRIENDS, and take a break from your MIDTERMS.  It will be BEAUTIFUL. Bring a pair of sturdy HIKING BOOTS and a WARM LAYER. Expect a ~5 mile hike up that will be steep at points and possibly muddy. Meet @ WOC equipment room (down the back stairs in Paresky) at 9. Sign up here, and email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

TALLEST WHITE PINE TREES Hike (Mohawk Trail State Forest)

Distance: 3.4 miles round-trip Difficulty: Moderate. During our hike, we will see some of the tallest recorded white pine trees in New England! We will leave at 9:30 am. Sign up here, and email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Hopkins Forest Trail Running 4-5PM!!!

RUNNING. TRAILS. NATURE. FALL. LEAVES. Now that we have your undivided attention, join Charlie Halverson and Claire McDonald for an amazing sunset evening trail run to de-stress and revel in the lovely nature of Hopkins Forest :) We will be meeting and leaving from Paresky Steps @ 4PM!! Trail running shoes or running sneakers recommended! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYYYY! Sign up here  Email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix ([log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.

If you no longer have access to your Williams.edu email, to unsubscribe, send a request to [log in to unmask], and be sure to include your Williams email address in the body of the email.

--

Scott Lewis
WOC Senior associate - class of 2024!

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.