WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

Sep 14 - Sep 17, 2023

Hello WOC family! Welcome back to campus and WOC – your home for adventure!! All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Mountain Day?? Coming on a beautiful day in October…..

Design the Mountain Day T-Shirt

Every year WOC sells t-shirts for Mountain Day - all profit goes to a charitable outdoor organization of the board’s choosing. We’re looking for this year’s 2023 FRONT only design - needs to have “Mountain Day 2023” incorporated in the design! The winner will receive a shirt free of charge and eternal fame. Designs are due by 11:59 pm on Sunday, Sept 17th! Click here to submit. Email Nasida Meher [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Mountain Day Hike Leaders Wanted

Already psyched for Mountain Day? We are too, and we’re looking for excited folks to lead the hikes! You should have a current wilderness first aid cert, and need to attend a brief 45 minute hike leader meeting on Sunday, 10/01 at 7:30PM, Paresky Auditorium. Leaders must be available for each of the first three Fridays of October 6, 13, 20. You’ll get a Mountain Day leader tee shirt – and definite ‘resume builder’ in return! Please fill out this form and contact Ben Connor ([log in to unmask]) with any questions! Please sign-up by Friday, Sept 22.

The WOC Equipment Room

Will be open M – Th, 12:30 —1:30 PM, & F 12–2 pm - Level M Paresky

Activities - (Click here for extra information - i.e. mileage, elevation, etc.)

All this weekends trips are full 😢, but even if you didn't sign up, you can still check out the Bouldering Barn and/or consider a job in the outdoors for next summer/year:

Thursday:

Bouldering Barn Open Hours 4 - 7pm

Come visit the new WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey. There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 IM in the space at one time. Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

Friday:

Bouldering Barn Open Hours 3 - 5pm

Come visit the new WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey. There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 IM in the space at one time. Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

WOC x '68 Center - Looking for a Job in the Outdoors? 1-4pm
The job fair will have representatives from both the Peace Corps and the Appalachian Mountain Club on campus meeting with students interested in these opportunities.
image.png

Saturday:

Bouldering Barn Open Hours 1 - 5pm

Come visit the new WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey. There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 IM in the space at one time. Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

Sunday:

Bouldering Barn Open Hours 1 - 5pm

Come visit the new WOC Bouldering Facility located on Walden St. and Hoxsey. There will only be room for 10 climbers and 1 IM in the space at one time. Before walking to the Bouldering Barn click here to check the (mostly) current number of users in the building.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix ([log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.

--

Ben Oliver (he/him)

Director

413-597-2304

Williams Outing Club

Paresky Center, Room 218

Williamstown, MA 01267

woc.williams.edu

We respectfully acknowledge that Williams College stands on the ancestral homelands of the Stockbridge-Munsee Mohicans, who are the indigenous peoples of the region now called Williamstown. Following tremendous hardship after being forced from their valued homelands, they continued as a sovereign Tribal Nation in Wisconsin, which is where they reside today. We pay honor and respect to their ancestors past and present as we commit to building a more inclusive and equitable space for all.

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.