WOC-end UPDATE

Mar. 16 - Mar. 19,  2023

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this weekend. All events are open to the Williams College community. Have a great Spring Break!

For more of all things WOC, including our general outdoor guide, membership, and feedback form, visit our linktree!

Announcements

WOC is offering a Trip Leader Training PE class on Thursdays from 1 pm - 4 pm with an optional overnight on 5/5.  This class will qualify you to lead trips for WOC and is excellent training for summer jobs or personal adventuring.  This is the next step for WOOLF Leaders or anyone who wishes to improve their outdoor leadership skills.  Please sign up on Peoplesoft and contact da1 with questions.

There is a new Spontaneous Outings Groupme! Please join!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info about WOC and trips? The previous Spontaneous Outings Groupme has been discontinued and we have a shiny brand new one that we want everyone to join!! Join the NEW Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat here!

Camp Caribou is a boys overnight summer camp in Winslow, Maine that is currently seeking Canoe/Kayak Instructors, Climbing Coaches, and Wilderness Trip Leaders for the upcoming summer.  The dates run from June 6th to August 13th, 2023.  The salary range is $2800 to $3800 for the summer season.

If you are interested in becoming an outdoor adventure instructor at Camp Caribou, call anytime at 207.872.9313 or email [log in to unmask].  For more information, please check out www.campcaribou.com or just fill out this Staff Application

Want to be part of the WOOLF Family? Join WOOLF Staff!

Looking for upperclassmen to join our Woolf Staff! You could be a Leader Instructor, on the Food Team, Risk Management, Transportation, or help in the Equipment Room! Please fill out this application form if you’re interested…https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSft9MSDPOPPn_wzMq38oUO58lYcFFmZ_5kKtL2ltXjk33xuJw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Reach out to WOOLF Directors Kaleisha Towle (kmt2), Riku Nakano (rn9), and Amina Naidjate (arn2) with any questions!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open F 12 - 2. We have snow shovels!

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!

Thursday:

Climbing Wall closed!

New Moon Hike along Caves Trail! Come enjoy the dark moonless night with a fun hike along the Caves Trail (2.4 mile loop with about 150 ft elevation gain). Meet on Resky steps at 7:00 pm. Return to campus around 9:00 pm. Sign up on this form. It may be cold and/or wet, so if you need any gear/apparel, or if you have any questions, email Abby Kinney ([log in to unmask]).

Friday:

Weekly sunrise hike– a “wake up” and down trek on Pine Cobble.** Meet on Paresky steps at 5:55 AM for a dawn good sunrise hike - (sunrise at 7:02 AM). This is a 3 mile round trip hike with one thousand foot elevation gain to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through your veins!! Dress for cold weather and wear good footwear for a trail that will be muddy and rocky! Winter hats and gloves needed for warmth at the summit. Bring a headlamp/flashlight,, a filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks. Return to campus by 8:45AM. Please sign up on this form or email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

Saturday:

EPIC Mt. Berlin 5.4 Mile Hike at Noon - Hike into Spring Break!! Meet on Paresky steps at 12:00pm for a moderately challenging 3.5 hour, 1,263 ft out and back hike to the top of Mt. Berlin! Wear hiking shoes, several layers, and gloves to be prepared for cold and snow. Make sure to bring water and snacks to enjoy at the summit. Return to campus by 4:30 pm at the latest. Please sign up on this form and email bhc4 with any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix ([log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.

--
David Ackerson
Asst. Director

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.