WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

Oct. 24 - Oct 30, 2022

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have
going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

EXTRAORDINARY LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY - Become a WOOLF Director for the
Class of 2027!!!  Looking for 3 enthusiastic students willing to create a
supportive community and share their love of the outdoors!  Willing to work
hard, be creative, resourceful, and enjoy “wrestling gremlins” dealing with
the unexpected!!!  Challenging for sure BUT very rewarding.  Please fill
out the application WOOLF Applicaiton
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSft3CPj3xOrUCM2xgyQQ3IwG7NtY1K-d2YCsp1x73zSaGgnMQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Our local downhill Jiminy Peak ski area NOW selling ANYTIME college pass to
full time students - $399 Reps. will be coming to campus, Wednesday Oct. 26
from 3pm - 5:30pm Paresky tabling area!

WOC J-TERM Winter PE -  Downhill Ski, Snowboard, Telemark, Nordic ski,
Snowshoe Instructors wanted.   IF interested please come by the WOC office,
2nd floor Pareksy to pick up an application outside the office door -
return by Friday, Oct. 28!

JOB OPPORTUNITY FROM AN ALUM!!

I'm just reaching out because I’m working at an AWESOME school and there
are some job openings that might peak the interest of some current and
former WOC members. Colorado Rocky Mountain School is a small private
boarding school in Carbondale, Colorado. CRMS is in the heart of the
Rockies and is super outdoor oriented- tons of camping, climbing, skiing,
mountain biking trips all year long.

CRMS is looking for another Teaching Fellow (the position I currently
hold). Teaching Fellows do a bit of everything- working in the dorms,
assistant teaching, coaching, leading various outdoor trips. You get tons
of different experience and is the perfect job for a recent grad interested
in exploring teaching.

CRMS is also looking to hire a new Director of Community, Engagement, and
Belonging. This position would be perfect for someone interested in equity
work- particularly diversifying the outdoors and making it more accessible
to all.

Both jobs include housing, food, good benefits, and all access ski pass to
the Aspen mountains! CRMS is an awesome place and I’ve been having a blast
working here. I’m more than happy to answer any questions and chat more
with folks that may be  interested. If you could pass this along to any
former or current students that might be interested that’d be great!

Questions?  contact Charolotte Oakley [log in to unmask]

Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be
outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are
happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info
about WOC and trips? Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat here!
<https://groupme.com/join_group/69168079/zIG1XRQf>

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M – Th, 12:30 —1:30 PM, &  F 12–2 pm.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out
our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSBE2ljff5uGRN524ySPKlHg1y8o0n7dEP1b2xtUs1SwyzKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing!
Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

Monday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Tuesday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Wednesday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Thursday:

Fruit Dehydrating Fun 4-5pm! Come hang out in the Equipment Room and learn
to dehydrate fruit! Grab some of your favorite fruit (apples and bananas
are delicious but feel free to experiment) from the dining hall and bring
it to learn how to use WOC’s dehydrator. The dried fruit won’t be ready
same-day, but once they are dry, everyone will get to take some home! Sign
up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit#gid=1059230842>
and email Sam (sm39) with any questions.

Tree Climbing Exploration, 4:30 - 5:30 PM Come hang out and climb some
trees! We’ll be meeting at the top of the hill in Science Quad, just
outside West. No experience required! Bring shoes and clothes that are good
for climbing. We’ll start in Science Quad and explore some other areas with
good climbing trees! Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit#gid=1059230842>
and email bhc4 with any questions!

Climbing Wall open!  Non cis-male climbing from 8 - 9 pm!  From 9 - 10
there will be open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall. No experience
necessary.  All equipment provided.

Friday:

Polar Plunge in the Green River!  Feeling drained and tired from another
stressful week at Williams? Get that adrenaline pumping and recapture that
feeling of being alive by hopping in a river! Check an item off your bucket
list and ditch your parents for a few minutes to start off this
Halloweekend with a bang! Meet outside WCMA at 5:15pm and be sure to bring
a towel, layers, and something to swim in!  Email [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] with any questions.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

------------------------------

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff
outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu
<https://listserv.williams.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=OUTING-NEWS-L> and follow the
instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix (
[log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for
this address as well.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.