WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

April 3 - April 4

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Interested in leading WOC trips???

Fill out this form to get connected with WOC’s trip leader program! There will be an info session shortly to talk through the trip leading process and meet some other folks that are interested in putting trips on WOC’s calendar. We’d love to gauge interest and extend our leader community for the spring! Email Rachel at [log in to unmask] with any questions!!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M, W, Th, & F by appointment only.  Hours will be 12 -2 and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams community.  Please go to this appointment schedule and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back one week later so sign up for that appointment also.  Unless my snow dance is successful, no skis, sleds, or snowshoes will be loaned out.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Open DEI Committee Meetings this semester! Like all WOC board meetings are, DEI Committee Meetings will be open this semester. We’ll be meeting at 7:30 on Mondays at this link. Feel free to join us and/or reach out to Isabel ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Saturday

Pine Cobble Hike- Start the weekend off right with a hike up to Pine Cobble- the weather is looking good too!! Meet at Paresky steps at 9 AM and return by ~12:30 PM. Hike will be about 6 miles including walking to the trail head (1.5 miles on sidewalks/roads), going up to Pine Cobble and back (1,000 ft elevation gain, 3 mile round trip) then walking back to campus (another 1.5 mile walk). Dress for the weather and bring water! Need any gear from the equipment room (shoes or water bottle for example) or have any questions please email Georgia at [log in to unmask] !!

Kite Hill Hike! If you are itching to get outside for a stroll this Saturday come to Kite Hill (Scott Lewis may have ranked Kite Hill as the top grassy field in Western Mass)! We will meet at Paresky steps at 1:00PM  and return by 3:00 PM. The  hike will be about 4.5 miles including walking to the Clark (1 mile on sidewalks/roads), exploring the trails behind the Clark(1.5 miles, steeper and maybe muddy) then walking down to Kite Hill and back to campus (another 2ish miles). Please bring water and shoes that can get muddy! If you need any gear from the equipment room or have any questions please email Malcolm ([log in to unmask]) and sign up here

Walk to the Spruces! (2-4:30pm) Have you wondered what those lion statues are doing on Route 2?? Now’s your chance to explore this hidden space with a four mile trip on mostly flat ground! Enjoy the beautiful Berkshire spring as we walk on both sidewalks and trails! Meet at 2:00pm on Paresky Steps. Please bring water and shoes that can get muddy! If you need any gear from the equipment room or have any questions please email Aidan ([log in to unmask]) and sign up here

Sunday

Stone Hill Amble!  Come along for a mellow stroll around the stone hill trails to take in the brisk spring day. Leaving from campus (paresky steps) at 3:00pm and back by 5:00pm. The hike will be around 2.5 miles. Sign up here to reserve a spot! Contact Duncan, dhm2 with any questions.

The Climbing Wall will be open 7:30 - 9:30.  All Williams students are welcome to come climb at the Nate Lowe climbing wall.  No experience is necessary and all equipment will be provided.  Limited to 8 climbers.  Please use this form to reserve a spot.  You may only choose one night .  Filling out the form does not guarantee that you will get to climb.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.