WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

April 23 - April 25

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we
have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College
community.

Announcements
Outdoor job!! Berkshire Youth Services is hoping for a summer of fun!! We
are currently hiring for Summer Enrichment Coordinators who serve youth in
your immediate community (and beyond) and Camp Counselors and a Meals and
Garden Coordinator for Camp DREAM in Fletcher, VT.  You can see all of the
different locations, positions available, and more details at our Work With
Us <http://www.dreamprogram.org/work-with-us> website page. Attached is a
flyer for you to circulate and blurb you can cut and paste so send to your
students (and customize as you feel is necessary. Our Summer Enrichment
Coordinators are located  in Philadelphia, Boston, Southern Vermont, White
River Junction VT, and Middlebury VT, and Winooski VT.

Positions and direct link:

https://dreamprogram.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=113&source=dreamprogram

Our application deadline is May 7, 2021.

*Some background about The DREAM Program:*

*Our organization serves youth ages 5-18 who are growing up in affordable
housing to provide equitable access to resources, relationships, and
opportunities to support reducing the opportunity gap. During the summer,
we do this by providing them with free daily summer enrichment programs.
Throughout the year, we also seek to provide mentoring, academic support,
adventure, and support for finding postsecondary success during the school
year in order to help close the opportunity and achievement gap. We are so
excited for the summer this year, since it will be our first return to
in-person programs (COVID-safely, of course) since March of 2020!*

(see attached PDF)

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M, W, Th, & F by appointment only.  Hours
will be 12 -2 and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams
community.  Please go to this appointment schedule
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ski84sRy8fXCQKjk-3nNNQiE-e41gaCL_6VQWfKJuc/edit?usp=sharing>
and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your
CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back
one week later so sign up for that appointment also.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out
our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSBE2ljff5uGRN524ySPKlHg1y8o0n7dEP1b2xtUs1SwyzKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing!
Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN
ORDER TO GO.

Friday

Bee Hill Hike We’ll head to Bee Hill at 2:30 and be back on campus before
5:30. Please bring layers, hiking boots (or borrow some from the Equipment
Room!) and water. The trip will be approximately 6 miles of walking on both
roads and trails, and will likely be quite muddy. Email Charlotte cgj1 with
questions or sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.