WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

March 1 - March 7

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

APPLY TO BE ON WOC BOARD!!

The Williams Outing Club Executive Board is looking for new members!! Do you like the outdoors? Do you want to help get the Williams community outside? Are you first-year, sophomore, or junior? We want you to apply!! The link to the application is right here. You do not need to have any outdoor experience to apply!! If you have any questions, Alex Pear (arp2) and Nick Hollon (nrh3) are excited to answer them!!

WARM CLOTHING DRIVE - ready to distribute!!

The Williams Outing Club has collected gently used coats and warm clothing for any Williams students in need of warm winter clothing for seasonal long term loan -until spring and warmer weather arrives!   IF you’re in need please

contact the equipment room - see message below to make an appointment and WOC will be happy to help get you layered up so you can get outside and be outside comfortably!!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open all this week by appointment only.  Hours will be 12 -2 M - F and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams community.  Please go to this appointment schedule and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back the following business day so sign up for that appointment also.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing! We want to make our trips are safe, fun, and inclusive.

Open DEI Committee Meetings this semester! Like all WOC board meetings are, DEI Committee Meetings will be open this semester. We’ll be meeting at 7:30 on Monday at this link. Feel free to join us and/or reach out to Isabel ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Thursday

The Climbing Wall will be open 7:30 - 9:30.  All Williams students are welcome to come climb at the Nate Lowe climbing wall.  No experience is necessary and all equipment will be provided.  Limited to 8 climbers.  Please use this form to reserve a slot

Friday

Weekly sunrise hike  “wake up” and down Pine Cobble - witness the  sunrise at 6:21AM. Meet on Paresky steps at 6 AM!!  6 mile hike includes walking to and back from campus.   Dress for the weather, good footwear for a trail that can be snowy, icy and always rocky!  bring a filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 9:30AM.   Please Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot!

Hike to Bee Hill!  We’ll head to Bee Hill at about 2:30 pm and be back on campus before 5:30. The trail will be icy, so please make sure to either wear or request hiking boots, warm socks, and warm winter clothing. Please either note what you’d like on the form, or email [log in to unmask]. Sign up here!

Journal by the Clark! Come join us for an afternoon jaunt to the Clark followed by about 30 minutes of mindful time for reflection and journaling. Meet at Paresky steps at 3pm. We’ll return no later than 4:30. Bring a journal, warm clothing, and shoes you can walk in. If you would like papers/ pencils /mittens/ fleeces /hats/ jackets/etc., either note that on the form or email arp2. Sign up here!

Saturday

Hopkins Forest Walk Spend your Saturday afternoon away from the library in Hopkins Forest! We’ll go for an about 3 mile gentle walk to the Forest and around the lower loop trail. Meet on the Paresky steps at 1 pm and we’ll be back around 3 pm. Wear sturdy shoes or note on the sign-up sheet that you’d like to borrow some beforehand! Email Rosa (rlk2) with any questions. Sign up here!

The Climbing Wall will be open 7:30 - 9:30.  All Williams students are welcome to come climb at the Nate Lowe climbing wall.  No experience is necessary and all equipment will be provided.  Limited to 8 climbers.  Please use this form to reserve a slot

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.