WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

March 5 - March 7

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we
have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College
community.

Announcements

APPLY TO BE A WOOLF LEADER!!!

Founded in 1978, WOOLF is an extremely popular Williams College EPHventure
program for frosh orientation, sponsored by WOC! If you want to be an
orientation leader and introduce the class of 2025 to Williams, this is the
role for you!

Applications for leading a WOOLF trip this fall are open for members of the
class of 2024!

We invite you to a virtual Ephventures leader info session on Sunday, March
7 at 7pm (EST). Application details will be shared at the conclusion of the
session. Join the Zoom on 3/7 at 7pm here!
<https://williams.zoom.us/j/91448814481?pwd=SGRBRVZJQ2ZCd2wxNzY4TG5LMUdudz09>

We also invite you to come to the virtual WOOLF Leader info session on
Wednesday, March 10th at 7pm (EST). Join the Zoom here!
<https://williams.zoom.us/j/93178409746?pwd=QjJGcVRyZUNTc0FCeEc4SFFFc09LUT09>

There are two components to the WOOLF application:

EphVenture Common App (due March 21st):

Come to the Ephventures info session on March 7th at 7pm!
<https://williams.zoom.us/j/91448814481?pwd=SGRBRVZJQ2ZCd2wxNzY4TG5LMUdudz09>

WOOLF Leader App (due March 21st):

https://forms.gle/gbLgCAzPcDHcbGoTA

*What is WOOLF?

WOOLF bonds participating first-years with a small group of fellow
students, and helps them get acquainted with the beautiful Berkshire
environment that surrounds the Williams Campus, as well as building on
their outdoor and teamwork skills. The WOOLF program offers great options
for outdoor enthusiasts (or future enthusiasts) of every level, and is
pleased to welcome all first-years, regardless of outdoor experience or
ability. To learn more go to woolf.williams.edu!

If you have any questions about any component of the application or about
WOOLF, please email WOOLF directors Aidan (al15 <[log in to unmask]>),
Argenis (ah15 <[log in to unmask]>), or Charlotte (cgj1 <[log in to unmask]>).
We can’t wait to see you at the info session!!

APPLY TO BE ON WOC BOARD!!

The Williams Outing Club Executive Board is looking for new members!! Do
you like the outdoors? Do you want to help get the Williams community
outside? Are you first-year, sophomore, or junior? We want you to apply!!
The link to the application is right here
<https://forms.gle/YvqKHXgR6GfwUajh8>. You do not need to have any outdoor
experience to apply!! If you have any questions, Alex Pear (arp2) and Nick
Hollon (nrh3) are excited to answer them!!

SUMMER TRAIL CREW:  Sponsored by Williamstown Rural Lands and the Williams
Outing Club.

Paid internship: two months constructing, maintaining, and restoring trails
in Williamstown's extensive trail network.

 Eight weeks / June 14 - August 6

Over the course of the season:

- learn the skills needed to analyze, plan, and complete various trail
projects

- learn about land stewardship, habitat preservation, and sustainability of
the recreation landscape

- develop collaboration and leadership skills

- plan and lead a volunteer workday for the community

- become familiar with practical outdoors skills

Apply here: https://forms.gle/tMsFRG4cjnPbTkrw7

The WOC Equipment Room will be open all this week by appointment only.  Hours
will be 12 -2 M - F and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the
Williams community.  Please go to this appointment schedule
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ski84sRy8fXCQKjk-3nNNQiE-e41gaCL_6VQWfKJuc/edit?usp=sharing>
and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your
CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back
the following business day so sign up for that appointment also.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out
our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSBE2ljff5uGRN524ySPKlHg1y8o0n7dEP1b2xtUs1SwyzKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing! We want to make our trips are
safe, fun, and inclusive.

Open DEI Committee Meetings this semester! Like all WOC board meetings are,
DEI Committee Meetings will be open this semester. We’ll be meeting at 7:30
on Monday at this link
<https://williams.zoom.us/j/94845911315?pwd=QzZlbEw2VzlDemJTMThVSFd2NWdDdz09>.
Feel free to join us and/or reach out to Isabel ([log in to unmask]) with
any questions!

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN
ORDER TO GO.

Friday

Hike to Bee Hill!  We’ll head to Bee Hill at about 2:30 pm and be back on
campus before 5:30. The trail will be icy, so please make sure to either
wear or request hiking boots, warm socks, and warm winter clothing. Please
either note what you’d like on the form, or email [log in to unmask] Sign
up here!
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit#gid=0>

Saturday

 Hopkins Forest Walk Spend your Saturday afternoon away from the library in
Hopkins Forest! We’ll go for an about 3 mile gentle walk to the Forest and
around the lower loop trail. Meet on the Paresky steps at 1 pm and we’ll be
back around 3 pm. Wear sturdy shoes or note on the sign-up sheet that you’d
like to borrow some beforehand! Email Rosa (rlk2) with any questions. Sign
up here!
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit>

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.