WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

March 26 - March 27

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Polar Bear Plunge with SAAC for the Special Olympics this weekend and raise money for a great cause! Once you register, join our Special Olympics Williams team online, and those who earn the most donations will win prizes. 15 minute slots are available in limited numbers, so secure yours quick using the link below. With any questions, contact [log in to unmask].

Sign Up Link: Here is the link to the sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DA5A928A6FBC25-polar

Interested in leading WOC trips???

Fill out this form to get connected with WOC’s trip leader program! There will be an info session shortly to talk through the trip leading process and meet some other folks that are interested in putting trips on WOC’s calendar. We’d love to gauge interest and extend our leader community for the spring! Email Rachel at [log in to unmask] with any questions!!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M, W, Th, & F by appointment only.  Hours will be 12 -2 and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams community.  Please go to this appointment schedule and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back one week later so sign up for that appointment also.  Unless my snow dance is successful, no skis, sleds, or snowshoes will be loaned out.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Open DEI Committee Meetings this semester! Like all WOC board meetings are, DEI Committee Meetings will be open this semester. We’ll be meeting at 7:30 on Mondays (not meeting  3/22 for reading period) at this link. Feel free to join us and/or reach out to Isabel ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Saturday

Weekly sunrise hike (moved to saturday)  “wake up” and down Pine Cobble - sunrise at 6:43AM. Meet on Paresky steps at 6 AM!!  3 mile hike round trip - one thousand foot elevation gain to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through your veins!!.   Dress for the weather - chilly and parly sunny- good footwear for a trail that will be muddy, wet and always rocky!  bring a filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 9:30AM.   Please Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot!

Sunday

Puddle Jumping!

Join us for a morning of splashing around! We will be heading down to the Hoosic for some puddle jumping, rock skipping, and general water enjoyment. We will leave at 11am from Paresky steps and return no later than 12:30pm. The walk down to the river is about a mile on a paved road, and another 5 minutes on trails that will be muddy, so dress appropriately! (and note that puddle jumping is very splashy). Email Malcolm at [log in to unmask] with any questions, and sign up here.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.