WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

March 20 - March 23

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

The earth continues its seasonal charge around the Sun....and Sunday, March 21,  north of the equator, winter recedes and the Vernal Equinox marks the change to spring and longer hours of daylight on its path towards summer!!!!

APPLY TO BE A WOOLF LEADER!!!

Applications for leading a WOOLF trip this fall are open for members of the class of 2024! For more info, watch the recorded WOOLF Leader Info Session here.

There are two components to the WOOLF application (make sure to fill out both!)

  1. EphVenture Common App - due March 21st

  2. WOOLF Leader App - due March 21st

If you have any questions about any component of the application or about WOOLF, please email WOOLF directors Aidan (al15), Argenis (ah15), or Charlotte (cgj1).

Interested in leading WOC trips???

Fill out this form to get connected with WOC’s trip leader program! There will be an info session shortly to talk through the trip leading process and meet some other folks that are interested in putting trips on WOC’s calendar. We’d love to gauge interest and extend our leader community for the spring! Email Rachel at [log in to unmask] with any questions!!

Job Announcement: ZOAR Outdoors: Exciting jobs, memorable experiences

We’re looking for active, fun-loving employees who enjoy working outdoors with the public – be it families on vacation, school kids on a class trip, summer campers or corporate retreats.

With a nationally recognized paddling school, canopy tour and raft programs, as a staff member you’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow, add new skills and explore adventure with the lifelong friends you’ll make. Contact:  https://www.zoaroutdoor.com/about/employment/

The WOC Equipment Room will be open all this week by appointment only.  Hours will be 12 -2 M & Wed - Friday . The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams community.  Please go to this appointment schedule and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back the following business day so sign up for that appointment also.  Unless my snow dance is successful, no skis, sleds, or snowshoes will be loaned out.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Open DEI Committee Meetings this semester! Like all WOC board meetings are, DEI Committee Meetings will be open this semester. We’ll be meeting at 7:30 on Mondays (not meeting  3/22 for reading period) at this link. Feel free to join us and/or reach out to Isabel ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Saturday

Stone Hill Stroll - Get off campus on Saturday afternoon and check out some outdoor art with a walk on the trails behind the Clark. Rumor has it the cows are out! We’ll leave from the Paresky steps at 1 pm and be back by 3 pm. Sign up with this form and email Rosa ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Sunday

Polar Bear Plunge! Has academic life at Williams completely drained you? Are your eyes vacant and soulless? Try to recapture the feeling of being alive in the before times by jumping into a river! This is a perfect bucket list item and a great way to keep awake while finishing that problem set. Meet on Paresky Steps at 5pm on Sunday evening. Be sure to bring a towel, warm layers, and something to swim in! Sign up here to reserve a spot and feel free to email Aidan ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

Stone Hill Trails Walk. This weekend is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! Get outside for a walk over to the Clark and around the Stone Hill trails- we will walk for about 2.5-3 miles total. Here is the trail map for more reference! Bring an H2O water bottle and good walking shoes. Meet at Paresky at 12:30 PM and we’ll be back on campus around 2 PM. Sign up here to reserve a spot! Please email Georgia ([log in to unmask]) with any questions or if you would like to request any gear such as an H2O bottle or shoes.

Monday

Taconic Crest Hike- Go to the best state in the nation (New York) on this trek to the Taconic Crest. This hike will be ~10 miles round trip and will have some elevation gain (1400 ft). We will leave campus at 9:30am. Enjoy the lack of classes in the forest. Email Ben ([log in to unmask]) to sign up or if you have any questions.

Green River Swim! Come jump in the Green River and have fun in the sun! Meet on Paresky Steps at 2:30pm on Monday afternoon. Be sure to bring a towel and something to swim in! Sign up here to reserve a spot and feel free to email Aidan ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

Tuesday

Taconic Crest Take #2 Warm weather? Spring time?? Two Taconic Crest hikes over reading period??? Come along for a morning hike up to the RRR Brooks trail to the Taconic Crest. The hike will be around 10 miles with some elevation gain, but we’ll take it at an easy pace. Leaving campus at 9:00am and returning around 1pm. Sign up here to reserve a spot and email Duncan, [log in to unmask] if you have any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.