WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

November 1 - November 8

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

EPIC Sunrise 9 mile Hike up and down Mt. Greylock FRIDAY, NOV. 6: Leaving at 3:15AM  return to campus by 8:45AM.  NEED TO RESERVE a spot- limited to 14.  Contact slewis@williams by 4PM Wednesday,  11/4/20

Weekly Anti-Racism in the Outdoors Resource

Each week, we will be sharing an anti-racist educational resource and invite the community to engage with these resources as well. These resources are focused on dismantling racism in the outdoors and will be shared via our Instagram and Facebook pages, the WOC-ly calendar, and on our website. At the end of each month, we will share a larger document with additional recommended resources.

Week of 11/1 Resource: "Thoughts on the Killing of George Floyd: Systemic Racism is Everywhere, Even in the Great Outdoors” By: Chad Brown, Hatch Magazine

We will be holding a Zoom chat to talk about the resource, anti-racism in the outdoors, and anything on your mind this Thursday 11/5 from 8- 8:20 PM! Come join some of our board members to chat: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87213936440?pwd=V2RGSnpqZE00dmk5cURSNzZ1cWszdz09

Mountain Day T-Shirts!! (while supplies last): WOC has a limited supply of small medium, and large t-shirts in both colors available for sale! If you are interested in purchasing a t-shirt, please email [log in to unmask]  T-shirts are $10 and may be paid for using cash or Venmo (@WOC_mtnday). Supplies are very limited, so contact us soon!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open Monday – Friday from 12 pm -2 pm by appointment only.  Open to all members of the Williams community.  WOC memberships are not required at the present time due to restricted amounts of equipment available.  As restrictions are eased on what equipment may be borrowed, this policy may change.  You need to email [log in to unmask]  prior to 6 pm on the day before you would like to borrow the gear in order to reserve equipment, an equipment room manager will respond with details and an appointment time.   Loan period will be 1 week.  Please see attached PDF of equipment available for loan.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing! We want to make our trips are safe, fun, and inclusive.

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Thursday

Tie-dye Fun! Do you want more color in your life? Or just want to look super cool with tie-dyed socks? Bring a white or light colored item to tie-dye! Meet between Paresky and Sage on Thursday at 12:30pm. Sign up here to reserve a spot! If there is enough interest we will have staggered sign ups so everyone can come! Feel free to reach out to Rachel (rm11) with any questions!

Friday

EPIC SUNRISE HIKE UP MT. GREYLOCK - SEE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Cross Country Mixer! No not that kind of mixer! Instead of drinks with the team, this thoroughly “junior varsity” expedition will be a gently-paced ~4 mile jog with a mixture of road and trail (and great meadow views). Email Gavin, [log in to unmask] for a spot, and meet in Currier quad at 11:30 AM. All are welcome; we’ll cater to whatever pace. Capacity is 4

Bee Hill Hike! End the week on a high note in the woods with this 6 mile hike (including road walking mileage). We will leave campus at 2 pm and return at about 4:30 pm. Sign up here and feel free to email Charlotte cgj1 if you have questions!

Saturday

Random Hike Take a hike to...who knows where??? Show up to Paresky steps at 12. We’ll spin a dial and then walk (approximately) in that direction for one hour, getting back to campus at 2pm. Sign up here and email [log in to unmask] with queries.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.