WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

November 13 - November 15

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Deer Hunting Season in our area has beGUN (rifle/shotgun)
VT: Nov. 14 - Nov. 29
NY: Nov. 21- Dec. 13
MA: Nov. 30 - Dec. 12 (no hunting on sundays in MA)
*If going into the woods - Be aware and A-wear bright colors!!

WARM CLOTHING DRIVE

The Williams Outing Club will be collecting gently used coats and warm clothing (gloves/mittens/hats/fleece) for any Williams students in need of warm winter clothing. Donations will be available to students through a free, long-term borrowing program. Students will be able to borrow items for as long as they need, with the hopes they either return the clothing in the spring or pass it along to others when they’re through.

We will be collecting from students, faculty, and staff and accepting donations throughout the winter- we highly encourage any students heading home for break to bring any unneeded warm clothing back to school in February. The donation drop-off will be in the locked boxes of Paresky 1st floor near the Park Street entrance- any and all donations are greatly appreciated!!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open Monday – Friday from 12 pm -2 pm by appointment only.  Open to all members of the Williams community.  WOC memberships are not required at the present time due to restricted amounts of equipment available.  As restrictions are eased on what equipment may be borrowed, this policy may change.  You need to email [log in to unmask]  prior to 6 pm on the day before you would like to borrow the gear in order to reserve equipment, an equipment room manager will respond with details and an appointment time.   Loan period will be 1 week.  Please see attached PDF of equipment available for loan.

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Friday

WOC(k) Skipping at the Hoosic: Come take a break to go rock skipping by the Hoosic! Don’t know how to skip rocks? Come to learn how! Consider yourself an expert rock skipper capable of making the Olympics? Come show off your skills! Leaving from the Dennett side of Mission at 1:30pm. Please email Danny ([log in to unmask]) to reserve a spot! (capacity is 10)

Bee Hill Hike!

We’ll leave campus at 2 pm for a two to three hour hike to Bee Hill! Using this beautiful trail system is a wonderful way to enjoy the Berkshires while we’re still on campus. Please sign up here, and feel free to email Charlotte cgj1 with questions!

Saturday

Tenney trails (one spot left!!)

Come explore one of the newest trails in the Williamstown area.  It’s not even on the WOC map. We’ll put together a loop of the Tenney Hill, Rosenberg Ramble, RRR Brooks, and Sara Tenney trails.  We’ll get an earlyish start at 9 and be back by noon.  sign up here or Contact Dave at da1 to ask questions.  Spaces are limited to 7 so sign up now.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.