WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

October 29 – November 1

Daylight savings time! set your clocks back 1 hour officially at 2AM, Sunday - November 1 AND

FULL HALLOWEEN BLUE MOON!!

Announcements

Mountain Day T-Shirts!! (while supplies last): WOC has a limited supply of small medium, and large t-shirts in both colors available for sale! If you are interested in purchasing a t-shirt, please email [log in to unmask]  T-shirts are $10 and may be paid for using cash or Venmo (@WOC_mtnday). Supplies are very limited, so contact us soon!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open Monday – Friday from 12 pm -2 pm by appointment only.  Open to all members of the Williams community.  WOC memberships are not required at the present time due to restricted amounts of equipment available.  As restrictions are eased on what equipment may be borrowed, this policy may change.  You need to email [log in to unmask]  prior to 6 pm on the day before you would like to borrow the gear in order to reserve equipment, an equipment room manager will respond with details and an appointment time.   Loan period will be 1 week.  Please see attached PDF of equipment available for loan.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out our feedback form after your trip so we know how we’re doing! We want to make our trips are safe, fun, and inclusive.

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN ORDER TO GO.

Thursday

Polar Bear Plunge! Has academic life at Williams completely drained you? Are your eyes vacant and soulless? Try to recapture the feeling of being alive in the before times by jumping into a river! This is a perfect bucket list item and a great way to keep awake while finishing that problem set. Meet on Paresky Steps at 9pm on Thursday night. Be sure to bring a towel, warm layers, and something to swim in! Sign up here to reserve a spot and feel free to email Aidan al15 with any questions.

Friday

Weekly sunrise hike “wake up” and down Pine Cobble - witness sunrise at 7:24AM. Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM!!  Dress for the weather - might be the first snow!!!  ( bring extra layers) footwear for a trail that can be wet, muddy and always rocky! Headlamps are highly recommended (I’ll have extras if needed!) bring a filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:45AM.   Please Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot! (capacity is 10)

Snowy Stone Hill Woods Stroll Catch the first flakes of winter on this walk through the woods behind Stone Hill. Experience the changed landscapes of Williamstown as the last leaves on the trees fall away. We’ll leave at 10am from Paresky steps and be back by 11:45. Sign up here and contact Ben at [log in to unmask] with any questions. Dress for the weather!!

Bee Hill Hike! We’ll walk from campus to take a two or three hour hike to the Fitch Trail on Bee Hill. With tons of leaves underfoot, this is a great hike to use a break from midterms! We will leave campus at 3 pm and return at about 5:30 pm. Sign up here to reserve a spot and feel free to email Charlotte [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Virtual Planetarium Show #2! More stars! More Mythology! More Planetarium Show!!! Join us for a virtual tour of the night sky at 8pm, all from the comfort of your (c)room. The show will last about an hour, with lots of time to ask questions. Email Patrick Postec, [log in to unmask], to reserve a spot or with any questions!

Saturday

Halloween Scavenger Hunt at Hopkins Forest!- Celebrate Halloween with an afternoon walk to Hopkins Forest for a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt! Spooky fun guaranteed. Leaving Paresky at 1 pm, returning around 3 with plenty of time to get your costume ready. Email Rosa (rlk2) to reserve a spot or with any questions!

Sunday

A Taconic Tipple - Seize the extra hour and welcome November into your life with a peaceful trip up to the Taconic Crest, and a hot drink at the top. We’ll meet on the Mears House lawn at 9:30 AM and head up through Hopkins Forest to find some views! This trip will be about 6-7 miles, and likely four or so hours, so bring lots of snacks or lunch, and water. Contact Gavin, [log in to unmask] with questions. You can use the same email to sign up, or fill out this form. (Capacity is 8).

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

To remove yourself from this list send an email to listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove yourself from: [log in to unmask]. Note you must enter your full email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask].

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.