[image: image.png]

WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

September 14th – September 20th

Hello WOC family AND Welcome back...Come check out some of the awesome
outdoor events we have going on this week. All events are open to the
Williams College community.

Announcements

*Mountain Day T-Shirt Design Contest!!!!!!!!!!! *Whether you’re seeking
eternal fame and glory, or you just love the mountains, here’s your chance
to shine! Submit your custom design (just the front) for this year’s
Mountain Day T-Shirt. Please drop them off at the WOC office (second floor
Paresky) OR *email submissions to Aidan, **[log in to unmask]*
<[log in to unmask]>* by 11pm on Monday, September 21st*.

*The WOC Equipment Room will be open Monday – Friday from 12 pm -2 pm by
appointment only.  *Open to all members of the Williams community.  WOC
memberships are not required at the present time due to restricted amounts
of equipment available.  As restrictions are eased on what equipment may be
borrowed, this policy may change

You need to email [log in to unmask]  prior to 6 pm on the day
before you would like to borrow the gear in order to reserve equipment, an
equipment room manager will respond with details and an appointment time.
Weather permitting, people can pick up their reserved equipment at the
Paresky loading dock accessed from Park St.  Loan period will be 1 week.
Please see attached word document of equipment available for loan.

Activities

*ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST EMAIL THE TRIP LEADER IN
ORDER TO GO.*

Wednesday

*Picnic Dinner at Stone Hill - Meet at Paresky Steps at 6:00pm *with your
to-go dinner. We’ll then take a lovely evening stroll to Stone Hill and
have a picnic. We should be back to campus by 7pm.

Please email *Alex **[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>, *to reserve
your spot *(capacity is 8).
Thursday

*Frisbee (Disc) Golf *- Come hang out for an hour or so and play some Disc
Golf! We’ll improvise as we go, social distancing and doing our best not to
hit breakable objects with our impeccable frisbee aim. Come walk! Come
toss! Meeting at *1:00pm* on Paresky Steps. Please email *Duncan*,
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*, to reserve your spot *(capacity
is 9).

*Shoe (Frisbee (Disc)) Golf *- If hand eye coordination is not your thing
but foot eye coordination is, then come kick it with Rachel at *1:00 pm *on
Paresky Steps! Shoe Golf is similar to Frisbee (Disc) Golf but involves
kicking your shoe towards the designated target instead of throwing a
traditional frisbee. Wear a mask, a pair of shoes, and at least one sock
that you are willing to get dirty! Please email *Rachel, *
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*, to reserve your spot! *(Capacity
is 9)
Friday

*Weekly sunrise hike “wake up” and down Pine Cobble *- witness sunrise at
6:35 am. Meet on Paresky steps at 5:30 AM.  Dress for the weather ( bring
extra layers) footwear for a trail that can be wet, muddy and always rocky!
Headlamps are highly recommended (I’ll have extras if needed!) bring a
filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by
9:00AM.  * Please
email Scott, **[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> to reserve a spot!
*(capacity is 10)

*Stone Hill Walk and Cow Visit (9:30 - 11am):* Join us for a quick hike to
catch the fresh fall air. Planning on petting some cows and walking a short
lovely loop around Stone Hill. Should be about 2 miles total from campus
and super fun! Meet at Paresky Steps at 9:30am. Please Email to *Aidan, *
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>* to reserve your spot!* (capacity
is 8).

*Hopkins Forest Hike* - Check out one of Williams’ hidden gems on a walk
from your door to the magnificent Hopkins Forest! We’ll be making a
four-ish mile loop from campus, and maybe even do some forest bathing
<https://www.forestryengland.uk/blog/forest-bathing>. Please email *Charlotte,
**[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]> with the subject line “Hopkins
Forest Hike interest” *to reserve a spot *(capacity is 8)!
Saturday

*In Town/Out of Town Walk to the Spruces! (~2:00 - 4:30pm) * Have you
wondered what those lion statues are doing on Route 2?? Now’s your chance
to explore this hidden space with a four mile trip on mostly flat ground!
Enjoy the beautiful Berkshire (almost) autumn as we walk on both sidewalks
and trails! Meet at *2:00pm* on Paresky Steps. Please email*
Charlotte, **[log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> *with the subject line “Spruces Hike Interest” *to
reserve your spot!* (capacity is 8).

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOCffice: 2nd Floor Paresky

*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*.*

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.