Hello!

Excited about getting the campus community outside? Interested in leading trips, running on-campus programs and planning events like Mountain Day? Are you a first-year, sophomore or junior? Join the WOC Board - apply here by 2/23!

We’re a dedicated group of individuals whose mission is to get people outside, with a purposefully broad definition of what that means. We organize everything from introductory programming on-campus, to community dinners, to visiting farmer’s markets, to rock climbing trips, and much, much more (see here). We plan Mountain Day, Winter Carnival, and multiple large events per year for the campus community. And we’re continuously working to be more inclusive, to help groups not traditionally represented in the outdoors to get outside - ranging from the kind of gear available in WOC’s equipment room to providing financial aid for students to learn skiing for the first time. If any of this excites you, please apply! You don’t need to have experience leading trips outside in order to be on the WOC Board and we support all members with opportunities to learn.

As a member of the WOC Board, you’ll be responsible for all of this work; specifically, leading 3 programs per semester, attending weekly board meetings starting in mid-March 2020 (7pm Tuesdays), and helping organize Mountain Day and Winter Carnival. You’ll get access to the WOC equipment room, guidance and experience in planning events and leading trips, and the opportunity to engage with WOC members (nearly 1000) and the whole community!

All first years, sophomores and juniors are invited to apply - found here. Applications are due Sunday, February 23rd. After you apply, we’ll reach out to you about a brief interview. For more information on the WOC Board or any questions about the selection process, reach out to Charlotte ([log in to unmask]) or Duncan ([log in to unmask]). Also find our instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram.

Your friends,

The 2019/2020 WOC Board

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.