WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 11/07- 11/10

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the equipment room.

Announcements:

EPIC Sunrise 9 mile Hike up and down Mt. Greylock NEXT FRIDAY, NOV. 15: Leaving at 3:15AM  return to campus by 8:45AM.  NEED TO RESERVE a spot Contact [log in to unmask] by 4PM tuesday,  11/12/19

Coming next tuesday! S'mores and star gazing!   Join WEC and WOC for an evening stroll up Stone Hill on Tuesday, November 12th! There will be a warm fire,at the top. Meet on Paresky steps at 8:30 pm, and dress for the weather. Contact Elizabeth Bigham [log in to unmask] if you have any questions!

WOC J-TERM Winter PE Ski, Snowboard, Telemark, Nordic ski, Snowshoe Instructors wanted:

IF interested please come by the WOC office, 2nd floor Pareksy to pick up an application outside the office door!  (RETURNING INSTRUCTORS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY)   Questions? Contact  [log in to unmask]

Wilderness First Aid course - WOC will be offering a 2 day WFA course which can be used to renew your WFR certification if needed.  Saturday November 16 and November 23 from 9AM - 3:30PM, must attend both days, Cost is $60 for WFA or $75 if renewing a current WFR - please contact Annabelle at [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot or if you have any questions by Friday, 10/08.

The Nate Lowe climbing wall:  Come get sendy with us!  The wall is open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8pm - 10pm (Thursdays from 8-9pm reserved for people who don’t identify as cis-gender male.  All climbers are welcome from 9-10).

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room will be open M - Th 12:30 - 1:30 pm & F 12 - 2 pm Email: [log in to unmask]

WOC activities:

Thursday:

Come to a Stitch-In at Envi Living Room: Gavin will be celebrating craftivism as a November chill settles over the Berkshires. We will play soft tunes (bring an instrument), perhaps eat baked goods, and settle into a fiber arts fantasia as we bundle for the winter season. Come at 9:15 PM with a fiber project, creative endeavor, or nothing at all! [log in to unmask] will take questions and requests!

Friday:

Weekly sunrise hike wake up and down Pine Cobble (witness sunrise at 6:35am) Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the chilly weather,  Bring a headlamp, filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions.

Saturday:

Homecoming Alternative! Come along for a quick hike up Stone Hill. We will leave at 9am from Paresky steps and return by 11am. There will be hot chocolate and plenty of time to relax and take in the beginning of winter! Contact Duncan, [log in to unmask], with any questions!

Sunday:

Stone Hill Trails Walk/Hike

Unwind and chill by the Clark for a brief relaxing walk/hike that will take us up to Stone Hill and feature hot chocolate! Leaving from Paresky Steps at 12 and returning around 1:15. Any questions contact Georgia at [log in to unmask]!

Overnight 101! Learn the fundamentals of sleeping and living outside while being right on campus. We’ll cover basic camp set-up, including tents, as well as using stoves and backpacks. No experience required. We’ll begin at 3pm and finish by 4:30pm. Please email Jackson at [log in to unmask] to register or with any questions.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.