WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 10/24- 10/27

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we
have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more
information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the
equipment room.

Announcements:

Apply to be a WOOLF 2020 Student Director! Sophomores and juniors with
previously involvement with WOOLF are eligible to apply. Application
attached below this message - due November 1. Contact Sally Walker (
[log in to unmask]), Elizableth Bigham ([log in to unmask]) or Erin Meadors
([log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>) with any questions.

INFO SESSION with Apogee Adventures is looking for current students and
recent graduates (age 20 or older by June 2020) to lead outdoor
experiential education programs for students 11-18 in New England, Canada,
Colorado, Montana, California, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, and throughout
Europe this summer. If you're enthusiastic, responsible, and love working
with kids, come learn more! No outdoor experience necessary.

Our 30-minute Information Session will be held on Tuesday, October 29that
7:00 PM in the Lewis Conference Room located in Mears House. We'll also be
conducting interviews the following day. If you are unable to make our info
session, please email [log in to unmask] For more information
about leading with Apogee, check out our* Leader page
<https://www.apogeeadventures.com/why-choose-apogee/lead-for-apogee/>*We
hope to see you there!

Lead Clinic: Ever wanted to get on the crazy overhang at the wall or get
out trad climbing?  Well the first step is learning to lead climb! There
will be a 2 part lead climbing clinic from 8 -10 pm on Tuesday 10/29 and
Tuesday 11/5.  You must be lead certified to lead climb at the wall and
must attend both days to get certified. Email Dave ([log in to unmask]) with
questions or to sign up.

The Nate Lowe climbing wall:  Come get sendy with us!  The wall is open
Monday - Thursday from 8pm - 10pm (Thursdays from 8-9pm reserved for people
who don’t identify as cis-gender male.  All climbers are welcome from 9-10).

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room will be open M - Th 12:30 - 1:30
pm & F 12 - 2 pm Email: [log in to unmask]

WOC activities:

Friday:

Every Friday is Mountain Day if you come join the weekly Sunrise hike to
the summit of Pine Cobble (witness sunrise at 7:17am) Meet on Paresky steps
at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the weather,  Bring a headlamp, filled water bottle
and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Contact Scott,
[log in to unmask] if you have questions??

Pine Cobble Sunset Hike: Decompress and enjoy the last bit of the changing
leaves with a sunset hike to Pine Cobble right off campus! Meet at Paresky
Steps at 4:30 and return around 7, bring a headlamp, water, and mug for a
treat at the top! Questions email Georgia at [log in to unmask]

Saturday:

Canoeing the Housatonic River Lenox, MA  Leaving campus at Noon and
returning by 5:00pm.  A great fall paddle on a beautiful gentle flowing
river - come see the  waning Fall colors along the ancient river banks!
Sign up with Scott at slewis <http://goog_584023276/>@williams.edu
<http://williams.edu/> to reserve a spot by thursday, 10/24

Udder Farm Fun: Farm Service for Food Justice Week and Beyond! Join Lehman
Community Engagement and the Zilkha Center for a morning of community
service at some of our beautiful local farms on Saturday, October 26th. If
you're interested in supporting these local farmers and getting to know
some of the people who produce our food, please sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7izGBhM88jZUjAwq04FLPQoYPwGAh0v7mvZ4eNkVcdjSUdA/viewform>
!

Sunday:

Family days “ after the sunrise” hike up Pine Cobble. Meet on Paresky steps
at 8:50 AM.  Dress for the weather - bring along OR send along your folks,
Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions!

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove
yourself from: [log in to unmask] Note you must enter your full
email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask]

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.