WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 09/26- 09/29

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the equipment room.

Announcements:

Mountain Day Hike Leaders Wanted: Already psyched for Mountain Day? We are too, and we’re looking for excited folks to lead the hikes up Stone Hill, Stoney Ledge and over Mt. Greylock. You should have a current wilderness first aid cert, and need to attend a brief 45  minute hike leader meeting on Sunday, 09/29 at 4:30PM, rm 201 (reading room) Paresky.  Leaders must be available for each of the first three Fridays of October 4, 11, 18.  You’ll get a free Mountain Day leader tee shirt in return! Email Jackson ([log in to unmask]) if you would like to volunteer!

Mountain Day Drivers Wanted: We’re looking for 12-passenger van certified drivers to help us out on Mountain Day! Drivers must be available from 9:30-5 on October 4, 11, and 18th and will be able to take part in Stone Hill and Stony Ledge festivities. Drivers will also get free Mountain Day tee shirts! To join our transportation team, please contact Charlotte ([log in to unmask]).

Mountain Day Tee shirts NOW ON SALE $10/shirt: Paresky tabling 11:30-1pm until mt. day!!

With 35 years of experience, Overland offers 45 itineraries for students, 10 days of training for leaders, and excellent support throughout the summer. Overland leaders inspire students through outdoor challenges -- hike a mountain, bike a continent, serve a community. Discover how beautiful, how full of promise the world is. Learn more about paid summer leadership positions at 7pm on Monday, September 30 at the Overland office at 10 Walden St (above the Williams Bookstore). Contact [log in to unmask] to RSVP or with questions.  https://overlandsummers.com/lead-us/

Hopkins Forest Canopy Walk Training:  Hopkins Forest is looking for people to work the Canopy Walk during Fall Fest on 10/6 and in the future.  This is a paid position. Contact Drew Jones ([log in to unmask]) with questions and to arrange training.

The Nate Lowe climbing wall is CLOSED thursday 9/26 due to training!  The wall will also be closed Thursday 10/3 for training too.

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room will be open M - Th from 12:30pm - 1:30pm. & F 12 - 2  Email [log in to unmask].

WOC activities:

Friday:

Weekly Sunrise hike to the summit of Pine Cobble (witness sunrise at 6:45am) Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the weather,  Bring a headlamp, filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions??

Evening Stroll: Meet on Paresky steps at 7:30 PM. End your week on a high note by taking a lovely evening stroll up Stone Hill. If you so please, bring a headlamp, water bottle, and cup for hot drinks. We’ll enjoy some hot cocoa on the top of Stone Hill. Contact Alex at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Saturday:

WOC Din! Do you like to eat? Do you enjoy  unwinding over dinner conversations? Anyone is welcome to join members of the WOC Board in enjoying a homemade vegetarian picnic (weather permitting) at Dodd lawn, or to join us for a conversation or frisbee. Dinner will be served at 6 pm, and anyone is welcome to help cook beginning at 4:30 pm. Please contact Charlotte, [log in to unmask], with questions or ideas!

LOOKING AHEAD!

Tuesday (Just to get you thinking and so that we can get a feel for numbers):

Overnight to the WOC Cabin! Start your week off right with an overnight to the WOC Cabin Tuesday night in Hopkins Forest! Meet at the Equipment Room (lower Paresky) at 8:30pm. Bring or borrow a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, water bottle, and a backpack to put it all in. Also bring playing cards and ukeleles if you have them! We’ll return to campus by 8:30am. Sign up with Alex [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.