WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 04/11- 04/14

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we
have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more
information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the
equipment room.

Announcements:

Wilderness First Aid course - WOC will be offering a 2 day WFA course which
can be used to renew your WFR certification if needed.  Sunday, April 21
and Sunday April 28 from 9AM - 3:30PM. Cost is $60 for WFA or $75 if
renewing a current WFR - please contact [log in to unmask] to reserve a
spot and if you have any questions,  by Friday, April 12

Saturday April 20th: MountainFilm Festival

Williams will be one of the stops for this year’s MountainFilm Festival, a
film festival hosted annually in Telluride, Colorado. MountainFilm will be
presenting seven films about climbing, environmental, cultural, political,
and social justice issues. Doors will open at 6 pm, and the event is free
and open to all students! The film showing will begin at 7pm on April 20th
in Brooks Rogers Auditorium; we hope to see you there! Please share
attached poster with others and spread the word!!!

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room is open M-Th 12:30 -1:30 and 12 -2
on Friday.  We have tons of gear to borrow! WOC memberships may be
purchased as may Mt. Day or Bamboo T-shirts. Email

Climbing:

The Nate Lowe climbing wall will be open!!! 8-10 Monday, Tuesday,   &
Thursday. The wall is closed Wednesday 4/17 for preview/Purple Key Fair.
Thursday nights from 8-9 are reserved for people who don’t identify as
cis-gender male.  All climbers are welcome from 9-10.

WOC activities:

Friday:

Start your 4th quarter off with a “bucket list” Weekly Sunrise Hike to the
summit of Pine Cobble (sunrise at 6:13am) Meet on Paresky steps at
6:00 AM.  Dress
for the weather, trail will be possibly wet!  Bring a headlamp, filled
water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Contact
Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions??

Sunset Hike/Post Dinner Stroll Meet on Paresky steps at 6:30 PM.  If the
sunrise is a bit too early for you, come and enjoy the beautiful purple
valley sunset and join us for a walk up Stone Hill. Dress for weather at
night and the trail could be wet. Bring a headlamp (optional), which
members can borrow from WOC. We will return to campus by 8:00PM. Contact
Alex at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Saturday:

Community Work Day at Soul Fire Farm! Soul Fire Farm is an organization
working to end racism and injustice in the food system. Once a month
starting in April, they host a community work day for people to get their
hands dirty and learn about the farm. We will leave at 8:30 AM and return
before 3 PM. There will be a potluck lunch. Expect to be muddy! Email Rosa
at [log in to unmask] with questions or to reserve a spot-space is limited,
so please sign up in advance.

Stir Fry WOC Din! Join us for great conversation and vegetarian stir fry
for our third WOC Din of the semester at 7 pm in Dodd Kitchen. We’ll start
cooking at 5:30; everyone is welcome to join! Please contact Charlotte (
[log in to unmask]) with questions.

Sunday:

Brunch Bike to Chef’s Hat! Finish your week or start a new one by coming on
a short bike ride to Chef’s Hat Diner north of campus. Breakfast platters
are cheap, and we will combine the trip with a leisurely hike across the
street at Mountain Meadow. We will meet at 9:30 AM behind Paresky and
should return around noon. Email [log in to unmask] for more details or to
get help finding a bike (also bring a helmet)!

Polar Bear Plunge! Has academic life at Williams completely drained you?
Are your eyes vacant and soulless? Try to recapture the feeling of being
alive by jumping into a river! This is a perfect bucket list item and a
great way to keep awake while finishing that problem set. Meet on Paresky
Steps at 8pm on Sunday night. Be sure to bring a towel, warm layers, and
something to swim in! Contact Aidan at [log in to unmask] with any questions.
 NOTE: the time has been changed from 9pm to 8pm.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.