WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 10/01 - 10/07

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we
have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more
information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the
equipment room.

Announcements:

Mountain Day Coming on a beautiful fall day!!! Schedule posted at
woc.williams.edu   Official Mt. Day tee-shirts for sale, $10 - Proceeds
will go towards financial aid for WOC PE skiing/snowboarding winter
programming.

We will also be offering Mountain Day Accessibility Vans: Full transport to
Stone Hill (Clark) and Stony Ledge (Mt. Greylock) on Mountain Day is
available.   Email Phacelia Cramer, pjc2 with questions or to reserve a
seat on the vans to Stone Hill, Stony Ledge, or both! Vans will depart for
Stone Hill @ 10am and for Stony Ledge @ 12:45pm (from Chapin Hall Dr. by
Paresky lawn) please note, that if taking a van to Stony Ledge on Mt.
Greylock you will not return to campus until 4:45pm - be prepared to be up
at the event site from for 2 splendid outdoor hours!

Reading Period climbing trip to the Gunks  This day long trip on 10/9 will
take us to the Peters Kill area of the Shawangunks, one of the premier East
Coast climbing destinations.  Prior climbing and belaying experience is
required. We will leave Williamstown at 7 am and return by 9 pm. There is a
$10 daily fee for which financial aid is available and we will be stopping
for dinner.  Contact Duncan at dhm2 with questions or to sign up.

Reading Period FREE Intro Photography class for the first fifteen people to
sign-up on Monday, October 8th! Bring your phone camera or your nifty Nikon
to learn about all sorts of ways to capture the moment! Come to Paresky 220
from 10:00 AM -2:00 PM (lunch break in between) to get the tricks of the
trade from Mr. Bob Wiley a landscape photography professional. Cost is $10
per person, must sign up by emailing Abbey at [log in to unmask] beforehand.

*Travel Winter Study: California Farms and Farming!* ENVI/BIOL 25 travel
class we will visit farms and learn all about agriculture in Sunny
California where most of our food is grown. If you want to spend January
learning about farms and the food system, visiting and touring farms and
even doing some days of farmwork, please apply! We will visit and tour
vineyards, ranches, berry farms, organic veggie farms and a conventional
farm; We meet with the farmers and learn from them; we will spend some days
working on a variety of farms, and end the class with 4 days at the
amazing  EcoFarm conference in Pacific Grove.   This course is an amazing
opportunity and is fully funded: there is no fee--it is FREE FOR STUDENTS!
https://eco-farm.org/conferenc <https://eco-farm.org/conference>e

Registration:

*https://winterstudy.williams.edu/travel-course-registration/
<https://winterstudy.williams.edu/travel-course-registration/>*

[image: Foliage_MiniPoster.jpg]

WOC Equipment Room:  The Equipment Room will be CLOSED during reading
period. Regular hours resume Wednesday 10/10. W-Th 12:30-1:30, F 12-2. WOC
memberships may be purchased as may the ever popular Bamboo T-shirt. Email

WOC activities

Friday:

Mountain Day????? OR

Sunrise Hike - due to possibility of Mt. Day -  Meet on Paresky steps at
7:00 AM (if the bells ring - no sunrise hike due to the many other hiking
options all day long!!)  Dress for the weather,  Bring a water bottle,
headlamp/flashlight and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 9:30AM.
Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions!

Sunday:

Sunday Night Overnight
Join Louisa and Duncan for a small reading period adventure! We’ll hike for
about an hour up to an outdoor shelter on Mt. Greylock for the night and
explore the trails and fall foliage the next day. No experience necessary.
We’ll depart campus around 3pm and return Monday afternoon. Email Louisa
(lbg2) to sign up and if you have questions!

Thought of something you want to see happen, but isn’t listed here? Lead it
yourself! Email Alex at ads4 if you’re interested in becoming a trip leader
for WOC.

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.