*please note, if you don't see a trip advertised that was advertised on the Monday calendar, it is because the trip is full with a waiting list.

WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 09/20 - 09/23

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the equipment room.

Announcements:

Mountain Day Hike Leaders Wanted: Already psyched for Mountain Day? We are too, and we’re looking for excited folks to lead the hikes up Stone Hill, Stoney Ledge and over Mt. Greylock. You should have a current wilderness first aid cert, and need to attend a brief 45  minute hike leader meeting on Sunday, 09/30 at 8:00PM, rm 220 Paresky. Leaders must be available for each of the first three Fridays of October 5, 12, 19.  You’ll get a free Mountain Day leader tee shirt in return!  Email Alex (afs4) if you would like to volunteer!

WOC Equipment Room:  The Equipment Room will be open M - Th 12:30 - 1:30 and F 12 - 2. WOC memberships may be purchased as may the ever popular Bamboo T-shirt. Email [log in to unmask]

WOC activities:

Thursday:

Polar bear swim at the green river! This is a great introductory swim to the world of river plunging as the river is still relatively warm from the summer! Come one come all and bring a towel! Meet Paresky steps 9pm! Any questions contact [log in to unmask]

Friday:

Sunrise Hike (sunrise at 6:40am) Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the weather,  Bring a water bottle, headlamp/flashight and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions!

Saturday:

Lunar Hike:  Come hike nearby Pine Cobble under the full moon in our first lunar hike of the year! This month is the Harvest Moon. Headlamps provided. ~3 miles round trip, includes 1000’  elevation gain. Dress appropriately, and bring a water bottle. New members and Neil Young enthusiasts especially welcome. We will leave Paresky front steps at 10:00 PM on 9/22 and return between 1 and 2 AM. Contact Jonathan at [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot.

Sunday:

Canoeing at Sherman Reservoir, VT  Leaving campus at noon and returning by 4pm.  A great fall paddle on a beautiful small lake!  Sign up with Scott at slewis@williams.edu to reserve a spot by thursday, 9/20.

WOC FEED! Come meet members of the WOC board and other like minded outdoor lovers. Great food, great fun, bring a friend! 6pm Dodd kitchen. Contact [log in to unmask] with questions!

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.