WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 01/03 - 01/07

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we have going on this week. All events are open to WOC members. For more information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the equipment room.

Announcements:

ATTENTION ALL FIRST YEARS - WOOLF Leader applications are still available outside the WOC office = due this friday, Jan. 5.  All first year students are welcome to apply! Contact Leonard Bopp (lwb1) or Stef Hernandez (emh5) with any questions.

Climbing:  New hours for  Winter Study!!

The Nate Lowe climbing wall will be open 9-11 pm M & Th, and 8 - 10 pm T & W.  Thursday nights from 9 -10 are reserved for those who don’t identify as cis-gender men. All climbers are welcome on Thursdays from 10 -11 and on every other day.

WOC Equipment Room:  New Hours for Winter Study!!

The Equipment Room will be open M - F 12 -2.  We will also be open Saturdays 10-12 as snow conditions permit.  WOC memberships may be purchased at the Equipment Room as may the ever popular WOC Bamboo T-shirt. Email [log in to unmask] with questions.

Check out the WOC winter activites guide  (PDF attached at end of message!)

Wednesday:

WOC winter study PE class sign up and ski pass sale 6pm - 8:30pm Lasell gym - bring your WOC member card or purchase a new one for $10 and sign up for:  downhill skiing, telemark skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing!

Friday:

Winter Sunrise (7:23 am sunrise)  3 mi Hike up and down Pine Cobble  Meet on Paresky steps. at 6:00 AM. Dress for the extreme chilly weather - lots of layers, hat and gloves.  Bring a headlamp/flashlight, a water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:45AM. Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have questions!

Sunday:

Beginner cross country ski on the taconic golf course - no experience necessary 1pm - 3:30pm.  Please contact Matthew, mbw3, by noon Friday, jan. 5 to reserve a spot!

WOC FEEDBACK

We’d love to hear from you about what we’re doing well, how we can improve, and any ways in which you feel WOC is failing. Feedback can be anonymously submitted using the link below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnBbBT8naQ5YdQXJvyDZeOV7jzCtgwvL-wzbcr70oqMtYyKg/viewform?usp=sf_link

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.