OUTING CLUB EVENTS 10/13 - 10/19

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Weren't able to get a Mountain Day T-Shirt last friday?  WOC's got you
covered - if there's enough interest, we're going to put in an order for
some more green t-shirts.

Enter your info on this google form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Am8j1sYY0QyAv46mHxeXGZogri6iCXPyAxVSFsGDljE/viewform>
by the end of reading period if you would like one for $10, and we'll be in
touch sometime next week.  We won't be ordering extras this time around, so
you'll only be able to get a shirt if you put your name down.

-Instructor Monitor Training: There will be a 2 part training for anyone
interested in becoming an IM at the Nate Lowe climbing wall.  The training
will take place on Sunday 10/19 from 3-5 pm and Wednesday 10/22 from 8-10
pm.  You must attend both sessions.  Belay certification is required.
Please fill out the attached application or pick up a copy outside the WOC
office.  Contact da1 with questions or to return electronic applications.
Paper copies can be returned to folder outside WOC office.  Applications
due 10/15.

-Equipment Room hours: Equipment room located Paresky level M. Open Mon -
Thur 12:30 - 1:30 and Fri 12 -2.  We will be open during Reading Period.

MONDAY:

-The Nate Lowe climbing wall will be closed tonight due to Reading Period.

TUESDAY:

-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe climbing wall  Towne Field House 8 - 10pm
Town (must be a current WOC member or bring $10 to join)

-Polar Bear Swim: Meet at Paresky steps at 9pm. Contact Galen (gts1) with
questions.

WEDNESDAY:

-Weekly WOC meeting: 7PM in Schapiro Hall 141, all are welcome! Contact
Will (wbe1) to learn more.

-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe climbing wall  Towne Field House 8 - 10pm
Town (must be a current WOC member or bring $10 to join)

THURSDAY:

-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe climbing wall  Towne Field House 8 - 10pm
Town (must be a current WOC member or bring $10 to join)

FRIDAY:

-Sunrise Hike up Pine Cobble: Meet on Chapin steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for
the weather, bring a water bottle, headlamp, and a cup for hot drinks.
Return to campus by 8:30AM.  Contact Scott at [log in to unmask] for
questions?

-Learn to Slackline: Come learn to slackline with Max and Raja Friday at
2:00 PM between Morgan Hall and Rt. 2. All experience levels welcome!
Contact Max (mbf2) for more info (Event is conditional on dry weather).

--
David Ackerson
Asst. Director

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.