Hey WOC!

        Alex here from the Ski & Snowboard Club.  We've been working hard on putting the 3rd Annual Weeny Jam together for this year and we want to formally invite all WOC members to the event!  The Weeny Jam, started in 2008, is a one-of-a-kind event taking place at Jiminy on Saturday from 1-6 pm.  We've rented out Alex's Park at Jiminy and designed a custom terrain park with a jump and a big selection of rails and boxes.  This year, in an effort to accommodate those of us who haven't spent much time in the park, we'll have a beginner's rail & box line built skier's right of the bigger line.  Participation is free, and for those of you who are equipment-less but still gunning to get involved in the contest, discounted equipment rentals will be available at Jiminy's rental shop with a Williams ID.  $15 for skis/boots/poles and $20 for snowboard & boots.  The much sought-after Ski & Snowboard Club hats & shirts will also be available for sale on site as well as this Thursday at lunchtime in Paresky.
        Ryan Dunfee '08 from South America Snow Sessions, a big-mountain freeride & freeski summer program in Argentina, will be handing out prizes such as Oakley goggles and Dakine gloves for random contests such as best trick on certain features, best run with your snowpants down, and the 5-Dog Sprint (first person to eat 5 hot dogs wins!).  Chuck Kollmer aka DJ Dirty Deeds will be spinning beats from the SASS DJ stand, and propane heaters will keep spectators warm and toasty.  Grill food & dogs from Jack's Hot Dogs will keep competitors and spectators alike fat and happy, but make sure you get a few FREE laps in on Jiminy's Mountain Roller Coaster before you attack the buffet.
        Buses will begin leaving Chapin at 12:30, and The Jam runs from 1-4:30, after which point the party moves right around the corner to the Weeny Jam Apres-Party at Christiansen's Tavern.  Grab some appetizers and for those of you of-agers, beer and cocktails will be available starting at $4.50 for domestic drafts. One of our buses will stick around to scoop up the tavern crowd no later than 6pm.
        So come on up, win some prizes, grab some grub, shred some gnar, have a blast!  Climb out of Sawyer, run out of Schow, drop that XBox controller, and grab your friends.  Get ready for a Williams event like none other: THE 3rd ANNUAL WEENY JAM.

       Competitors:  A mandatory safety video viewing will take place in Paresky Theater tomorrow, Wednesday, at 9 pm.  You must watch the short (<10 min.) video and sign a waiver to be able to shred this Saturday.  Alec Crowell '10 will also be giving free massages!

Scott Lewis
Director
Williams Outing Club
39 Chapin Hall Dr.
Williamstown, MA  01267

WK Ph # (413) 597-2317
Cell Ph#  (413) 884-5222
FAX # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.