Hey WOC!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  If I do say so myself, we have a nice selection of events this week both on and off of campus- so take a look!  We are narrowing in on a possible Mountain Day (so get your T-shirt!) and reading period is coming up so you may hear about more WOC sponsored trips for the break soon.

Events for the week of 10/5/09 - 10/11/09

MONDAY

-  Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall!  Hours are 8-10 PM in the Field House.

TUESDAY

-  Radical Reels at UMass Amherst; come with us for the amazing, thrilling films from the Banff Mountain Film Festival!  Meet at the UMass Student Union Ballroom, between 7pm-8pm. Tickets are $5, more details available at their website: http://www.umass.edu/rso/outingclub.

-  Polar Bear Swim, come for a refreshing dip in the Green River!  Meet on Paresky steps at 10PM and don’t forget to bring warm clothes and a towel. Questions to Fiona at few1.

-  Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall!  Hours are 8-10 PM in the Field House.

WEDNESDAY

-  Last day to sign up for the first ever campus-wide Wa tournament.  Get together at least 8 fellow Wa players and email your team name and roster to Alex at 10anb.

-  Weekly WOC meeting; 7PM in Schapiro Hall 141, all members are welcome!  Contact Ali at 10ahd to know more.

-  Stone Hill S’mores!  Meet in Paresky Lobby at 11PM-we will have a campfire if it is dry!  Email Allie at 10arg if you have any questions.

-  Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall. Hours are 8-10 PM in the Field House.

THURSDAY

-  Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House 8-10 PM.

FRIDAY

- Sunrise Hike up Pine Cobble!  Meet at Chapin Steps at 6:15AM (so we have time to check our email to see if it is Mt Day!), we will return to campus by 9AM.

- Outdoor Outreach: 3-6PM.  Get outside and have fun with kids from the Williamstown Youth Center!  Contact Sarah at set1 if you would like to volunteer.

- OR IS IT MOUNTAIN DAY??????????  If so, see the schedule of special events on the WOC website!

SATURDAY

- Canoe trip to Saranac Lake of the Adirondacks!  We will leave campus at 7AM for New York and return on Monday, Oct. 12 by 7PM.  Cost for WOC members is estimated to be $30.  Spots are limited so email Scott at [log in to unmask] if interested!

SUNDAY

- Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall!  Hours are 8-10 PM in the Field House.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Get ready for Mt Day!  WOC is selling Mountain Day T-Shirts for $10 all week in Paresky from 11-1. Come get yours while they last!

Come visit the equipment room in Paresky basement (one level down the stairs by the mailroom) and check out some gear or become a member!  Open 12:30-1:30PM Monday-Thursday and 12-2PM Friday.  Contact Grace at ggm1 if you have any questions.

Have a great week!

-Your friends at WOC

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.