OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:38:07 -0500
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR 2/24 - 3/1

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoors events we
have going on this week.   All events are open to WOC members. For more
information on how to join WOC, ask your trip leader or head on down to the
equipment room.

Announcements:

WOOLF STAFF/INSTRUCTOR APPS: Calling all WOOLF enthusiasts!! WOOLF 2020 is
underway, but we need YOUR help to make it happen! We need instructors for
WOOLF leaders and staff to help the program run smoothly! The WOOLF
instructor/staff application is now open through Sunday, March 1st. Please
apply! Contact Duncan (dhm2), Thomas, (tje1), or William (wr2) with any
questions!

Application: Staff and Instructor Application WOOLF '20
<https://forms.gle/eC28TkvdJzXhjACt9>

Cycling for Geography, Culture and History with Professor/adventurer Joe
Cruz!!  Thursday, Feb. 27 at 7PM Sheep Hill (Williamstown Rural Lands
Foundation) Free and open to the public!

Williamstown Trails Internship:  6/15/2020 – 8/7/2020

 This paid internship provides the opportunity to learn firsthand about the
balance between natural and outdoor recreation resources: Interns will
learn to analyze, plan, and complete various trail projects; develop
collaboration and leadership skills; learn practical outdoors skills; and
learn about local plant species and habitat preservation. Projects often
are in the backcountry, and work is performed using hand tools and power
tools. All interns will be trained in tool-use and safety.

 Application is available at http://bit.ly/WilliamstownTrails2020

Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.

Questions? Email [log in to unmask]  <[log in to unmask]>

The Nate Lowe Climbing Wall:  The wall is open M - Th 8 -10. On Thursday
the wall is open to people who don’t identify as Cis- Gender male from 8 -9
and welcomes everyone from 9 -10.  There are lots of new routes and boulder
problems for you to try. Come get sendy with us!

WOC Equipment Room:   The Equipment Room will be open M - Th 12:30 -1:30 &
F from 12 -2 pm.  Email: [log in to unmask]

WOC activities:

Monday:

Polar Bear Plunge! Has academic life at Williams completely drained you?
Are your eyes vacant and soulless? Try to recapture the feeling of being
alive by jumping into a river! This is a perfect bucket list item and a
great way to keep awake while finishing that problem set. Meet on Paresky
Steps at 9pm on Monday night. Be sure to bring a towel, warm layers, and
something to swim in! Contact Aidan at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Wednesday:

Taconic Crest Trail Hike!! Take a break from the midweek grind and come do
a light hike up the Taconic Crest Trail! We will be leaving in a van
from Paresky
at 1:30pm! Contact Aidan [log in to unmask] to reserve a space or for any
questions.

Friday:

Weekly sunrise hike wake up and down Pine Cobble (witness sunrise at 6:30
am) Meet on Paresky steps at 6:00 AM.  Dress for the chill and snowy
trail,  NEED hiking boots/or snow boots with good tread!! bring extra
layers, headlamp,  filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks. Gear can
be borrowed from the equipment room with a current WOC membership.   Return
to campus by 8:30AM. Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] if you have
questions.

Waterfall Hike! Meet at the WOC Office at 2pm for a hike to a beautiful
nearby waterfall. The hike is approximately 1-2 miles and is generally on
even terrain. Email Charlotte at cgj1 with any questions or to reserve a
spot!

Saturday:

Cross country skiing at Prospect! Spend Saturday afternoon skiing in the
beautiful Vermont woods. Prospect trail Fee is $10 for WOC members. *Please
email Rosa, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>by noon on thursday to
reserve a spot = also provide your M/W shoe size and height so we can hold
gear for you! * Plan on meeting in in the equipment room at 12:30 PM. We’ll
aim to be back around 4 PM.

Sunday:

Hike to the roof of Massachusetts! We'll hike the steep roaring brook to
hopper trail, 3 miles to the summit, and retrace our steps back to the
trailhead! 5 hr strenuous hike - leaving campus at 11:45AM returning by
5pm. Contact *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> *to reserve a spot!!

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there to remove
yourself from: [log in to unmask] Note you must enter your full
email address to unsubscribe: [log in to unmask]

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.