OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:36:31 -0500
*A Winter Carnival Poem:*

T’was the night before carnival and all through the Outing Club

Not a creature was stirring, not even a bear cub.

The skis were all hung by the snowshoes with care

In hopes that laughter and fun soon would be there.

The Ephs were nestled all snug in their beds

While visions of Snoopy danced in their heads.

And Joanie and Malcolm and Aaron with their yellow striped shirts,

Had finished the schedule, even the concert.

When out on Cole Field there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon shone abreast on literally no snow,

And Sawyer stood empty, to bed all students did go.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,

But Dave on a skateboard, without any fear!

Close behind came Scott Lewis, diving from the trees,

Deftly avoiding mud fleas.

More rapid than eagles the WOC Board then came,

Scott whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

“Now, Charlotte, now Sam, now Aidan and Rachel!

On, Isabel, on Georgia, on Nick and Mila!

To the top of the hill! To the top of the (rock) wall!

From Goodrich to Paresky, go have a ball!

Whether you love to human curling and will never tire,

Or prefer to luminary walks, warmed by the fire,

Go dance with Zambezi or try to lip sync,

Trivia at the Log makes you scramble to think.

You can see Snoopy dogs or frolic in the sun,

GOOD GREPH!

Get out and do something on this day of fun.

Cheer on the trike racers or watch your friends sing,

The time has come for the purple valley to ring!”

We couldn’t help but smile; his words were inspired!

Now Charlie Brown and his friends were all I desired!

So we gathered around us our mighty force,

A reliable team of outdoors folk of course,

We tested the trike pedals time and again,

And brought out the skates to practice a spin.

Everything was tested in the equipment room

To give every student a break from academic doom.

Then the tubes were inflated and tested for leaks

And the snow depth measured on the mountain peaks.

(Hint it was 0”)

We toiled through the night with all of our muster:

No one would say this carnival was lackluster.

And as the sun rose, campus could hear us say:

“It’s Winter Carnival! GET OUT AND PLAY!”

Hello WOC!

It is with great pride and excitement that your Winter Carnival chairs,
Malcolm, Aaron and I (Joanie) present the 2022 Winter Carnival schedule. As
you may have seen, events at Mt. Prospect are cancelled due to inclement
weather.

We have since scheduled a SLEW of AMAZING, FANTASTIC events for tomorrow!
Please see the schedule below and the WOC website and @wocstagram on
instagram for updates. Note all the new events. Hikes meet in front of
Paresky, some are first come first serve. Thank you all for your patience!

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST WINTER CARNIVAL EVER!!!
[image: Not-so-Winter Winter Carnival!.png][image: Post Prospect MOST
UPDATED 11x17 Poster.png]

- Joanie, Malcolm, Aaron, and WOC Board

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.