OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
"Ackerson, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ackerson, David
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:31:11 -0500
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

Jan. 23 - Jan. 29,  2023

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have
going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

*Jiminy Peak Bus cancellation  Due to the road conditions today the buses
to Jiminy were cancelled.  If you are a Monday student who was unable to go
to class today due to this please try to get your 3rd class Tuesday,
Wednesday or Thursday of this week.  If you are unable to do this please
contact me at da1 on Thursday.*

Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be
outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are
happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info
about WOC and trips? Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat here!
<https://groupme.com/join_group/69168079/zIG1XRQf>

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M – F 11:30 am–2 pm.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on how things went? Fill out our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wdj6xIiZWEmztVxsQn9l2Dz_fCPJRg8isSEy1eoccI0/edit>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

Monday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Tuesday:

Open WOC Board Meeting!

Come see some of the logistical workings of WOC! If you are interested in
what the Board does, are considering becoming a trip leader, or just want
to meet some more people who love the outdoors please join us at 7:15pm in
the Zilhka Center!

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 9 -11 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Wednesday:

Sledding at Stone Hill

Enjoy the fresh snowfall by hurtling down the slope of Sheep Hill. Sleds
provided by WOC. Meet in front of Paresky at 1:30. We’ll be back to campus
by 3:30. Sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit>.
Questions? Contact Ben Platt (bp8) or Sam Magid (sm39).

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.

Thursday:

Cascades Snowshoeing! ❄️

Do you want to go snowshoeing before winter study ends? Do you want to see
a waterfall in the middle of winter? Well, here’s the perfect opportunity!
After this week’s storm, snow has finally arrived in the Berkshires. Join
us for a 2 mile moderate hike/snowshoe on one of the area’s local trails.
Meet in front of Paresky at 3:00pm. We will be back to campus before
5:00pm. Sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gucPLYEiUA31VmCRteABDI4jTDcCXuSrUD4H6qowkDw/edit?usp=sharing>and
contact Michael Keegan (mrk5) if you have any questions.

Climbing Wall open!  Non cis-male climbing from 9 - 10 pm!  From 10 -11
there will be open climbing at the Nate Lowe Climbing Wall. No experience
necessary.  All equipment provided.

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

------------------------------

To remove yourself from this list send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff
outing-news-l" OR go to listserv.williams.edu
<https://listserv.williams.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=OUTING-NEWS-L> and follow the
instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your unix (
[log in to unmask]) style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for
this address as well.

--
David Ackerson
Asst. Director

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to https://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.