OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 17:08:56 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

September 25th – September 27th

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we
have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College
community.

Announcements

JOIN THE SPONTANEOUS OUTINGS CHAT!!!!!!!!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be
outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are
happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info
about WOC and trips? Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat:
https://groupme.com/join_group/49777669/oX67kG5V

Register to vote (too important for exclamation points) The Williams
College Athletic Dept., which WOC is a part of, is participating in the NESCAC
All-In Voter Challenge
<https://nescac.com/news/2020/9/8/nescac-news-nescac-partners-with-all-in-challenge-for-nescac-votes-initiative.aspx>.
Some of the Williams Athletic teams have already achieved 100% voter
registration.  Wouldn’t it be amazing if everyone on this listserve
registered and voted?  Please go to the link above and register to vote
(takes 2 minutes) if you have not already done so.  You can take the pledge
to vote at the same time.  If you are already registered at home and plan
to vote absentee, thank you.

The WOC Equipment Room will be open Monday – Friday from 12 pm -2 pm by
appointment only.  Open to all members of the Williams community.  WOC
memberships are not required at the present time due to restricted amounts
of equipment available.  As restrictions are eased on what equipment may be
borrowed, this policy may change

You need to email [log in to unmask]  prior to 6 pm on the day
before you would like to borrow the gear in order to reserve equipment, an
equipment room manager will respond with details and an appointment time.
Loan period will be 1 week.  Please see attached PDF of equipment available
for loan.

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST EMAIL THE TRIP LEADER IN
ORDER TO GO.

Friday

Weekly sunrise hike “wake up” and down Pine Cobble - witness sunrise at
6:44AM. Meet on Paresky steps at 5:30 AM.  Dress for the weather ( bring
extra layers) footwear for a trail that can be wet, muddy and always rocky!
Headlamps are highly recommended (I’ll have extras if needed!) bring a
filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return to campus by
9:00AM.   Please
Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot! (capacity is 10 -
trip currently full, but get on wait list for next week)

Catch the Stone Hill Sunrise - Want a closer sunrise hike? Or is the Pine
Cobble sunrise hike full? Join us for a sunrise stroll to Stone Hill
instead! Meet at Paresky Steps at 6:15 am. We should be back to campus by
7:30 am. Bring a blanket or Crazy Creek and we’ll hang out at the top for a
bit to appreciate the Sunrise and to pet the cows. Please email Alex,
[log in to unmask] to reserve a spot. (Capacity is 9)

Linear Park Walk - Join us on a quick jaunt off campus to check out Linear
Park! We’ll leave from Paresky Steps at 3:30 and return around 4:30. Please
email Charlotte, [log in to unmask] with questions, and sign up by adding
your name to this Sign Up Google Sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkmjRQHtwhs6NSLkY2_ZOw1Gsyca9Q7llzMr2LjCMy8/edit#gid=1647849353>!
(People often drop, so please don’t be shy about utilizing the Waiting List)

Kite Hill Hike- Ever wondered what all those trails behind Stone Hill lead
to? Come explore the lovely Kite Hill and find out! We’ll hike 4-5 miles
total, with potential stops for goldenrod-gazing, cloud-catching, and/or
field-frolicking. Meet at Paresky at 4:30pm with a return around 6:30pm.
Email Lyza, [log in to unmask] for a spot! (capacity 8)

Saturday

Pine Cobble Hike and Picnic - Join us for a hike to Pine Cobble. Get your
lunch ahead of time and bring it in a backpack. We also recommend bringing
a water bottle. We will have a picnic at the summit! Meet at Paresky Steps
at 11:45. We should be back to campus by 3:30pm. Please email Alex,
[log in to unmask] to reserve a spot. (Capacity is 9)

Hopkins Forest Hike - Check out one of Williams’ hidden gems on a walk from
your door to the magnificent Hopkins Forest! We’ll be making a four-ish
mile loop from campus, and maybe even do some forest bathing
<https://www.forestryengland.uk/blog/forest-bathing>. We’ll meet at Paresky
Steps at 3 and be back by 5:15-ish. Please email Charlotte,
[log in to unmask] with questions and sign up by adding your name to this
Sign Up Google Sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkmjRQHtwhs6NSLkY2_ZOw1Gsyca9Q7llzMr2LjCMy8/edit#gid=1647849353>!
(People often drop, so please don’t be shy about utilizing the Waiting List)

WOC Din (covid style)!! - Are you (and your friends) looking for new people
to talk with at dinner? Are you tired of waiting in the dinner line with
the same five people? Join us for a picnic (lol, we’re actually just going
to eat on Library Quad); not everyone loves to hike, but everyone loves to
eat and many people like to meet new people! We’ll split people into groups
of ten when we get there; meet with your meal (or without!) at the
front of Sawyer
at 6 pm! Email Charlotte, [log in to unmask] with questions!
Sunday

House Appreciation Walk (4:30-6:00) There are cool houses right near
Williamstown. Modern ones. Old ones. New England-y ones. Explore them all
on this Sunday stroll. Meet at the Paresky steps. Shoot Ben an email at
[log in to unmask] to reserve a spot. (capacity is 9).

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.