OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2022 15:03:15 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

May 9 - May 15, 2022

Hello WOC family! Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we have
going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College community.

Announcements

Are you able to lend gear to WOOLF leaders?

Many of our WOOLF leaders for Fall ‘22  don’t have their own gear, so we’re
looking for YOUR help (ALL WOC equipment goes to incoming students on WOOLF)

Please consider lending gear (hiking backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping
pads, rain jackets, etc) for WOOLF leaders to use 8/3-9/6. We will match
you with a leader who needs gear you can provide, we will give them your
email address and they will be responsible for arranging how to get the
gear. We trust that our leaders will care for your gear properly!   The
form can be found here <https://forms.gle/wVXBiAjDqxcWjL8F6>, and is due
SUNDAY, MAY 15th.   Thank you in advance for your generosity.  WOOLF
sincerely appreciates you

Last chance to get a Bamboo T-shirt  Stop by the WOC Equipment Room on M
level in Paresky to pick up a soft and comfy WOC Bamboo T- shirt.  This is
the perfect layer for all your outdoor play and it also goes well under
your interview/work outfit or your graduation robe.  The cost is only $20
and  there is a wide variety of colors and sizes.  Open 11 -3 all week.

Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe!

Have you ever felt like the day was so nice that you just had to be
outside? Do you want to know if any random or spontaneous adventures are
happening in the moment? Or do you want to get the most up to date info
about WOC and trips? Join the Spontaneous Outings GroupMe chat here!
<https://groupme.com/join_group/69168079/zIG1XRQf>

Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

Monday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.  This is for WOC members only and memberships are
available at the wall.

Tuesday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.  This is for WOC members only and memberships are
available at the wall.

Wednesday:

Climbing Wall open!  There will be open climbing from 8 - 10 pm at the Nate
Lowe Climbing Wall in the Towne Field House.  No experience necessary.  All
equipment provided.  This is for WOC members only and memberships are
available at the wall.

Thursday:

Morning Canoeing Extravaganza at Grafton Lake, and Peace Pagoda! Want a
break from exams and final papers? Ever wanted to try your hand at
canoeing, or maybe you’re a seasoned rowing-enthusiast? Join us for a
canoeing trip up to Grafton Lake, next Thursday from 8:30AM to 12PM. The
weather should be beautiful, all skill levels are welcome, and on the way
back we’ll visit the Grafton Peace Pagoda. If you haven’t visited the
pagoda before, you’re in for a treat! sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
 and email Sam ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!

Climbing Wall open!  Non cis-male climbing from 8 - 9 pm!  From 9 - 10 all
WOC members are welcome and memberships are available at the wall.  No
experience necessary.  All equipment provided.   Please enter through the
doors on the south (Weston Field) side and leave your shoes on the plastic
tarp at the door.

Friday:

Weekly sunrise hike– a “wake up” and down trek on Pine Cobble. Meet on
Paresky steps at 6:00 AM for a dawn good sunrise hike - (sunrise at
5:25AM). This is a 3 mile hike round trip, one thousand foot elevation gain
to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through your veins!!
Dress for the weather -  and good footwear for a trail that will be muddy,
wet and always rocky!  Bring a filled water bottle and a cup for hot
drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM. Please sign up on this form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
or email [log in to unmask] with any questions!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.