OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Gabriel Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:41:52 -0500
Due to the unbelievable amount of snow we're about to receive (knock on wood), WOC is planning a backcountry skiing trip up Mt. Greylock this Sunday, February 10. We will be carrying our skis up the mountain, and skiing back down the Thunderboldt Ski Run. The snowshoe up is 1.6 miles (gaining over 2000 ft) but takes at least two hours because of the steep slopes and heavy gear, whereas the ski down takes an exciting 10-15 minutes. We're expecting to leave from campus at 11 am and return by 4 pm.  This is one of the most exciting and challenging ski trails in the area!

Advanced skiing ability is required and and excellent physical fitness is recommended for an enjoyable hike. Contact Gabe at gml1 to sign up.
Check http://www.thunderboltskirun.com/skiing.html for more information

Attached picture is form the last Thunderboldt Ski Adventure, January 5, 2013
(WebMail won't let you attach the picture in the message)

Pray for more snow!

Gabe Lewis - Vice President Williams Outing Club

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.