OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Amy Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 00:31:32 -0400
OUTING CLUB EVENTS 4/9-4/15

ANNOUNCEMENTS
-The equipment room is open from 12:30-1:30PM on Monday-Thursday, and
12-2PM on Friday. Visit us in Paresky basement to check out gear with your
WOC membership card.  if you are not yet a member, you can purchase a
membership ($10 for students) in the equipment room.

-APPLY TO BE ON THE WOC BOARD!  We are looking for passionate outdoor
enthusiasts to join our executive board.  People with all areas of expertise are
encouraged to apply.  Learn more about the responsibilities and fun that come
along with being a WOC board member by picking up an application outside the
WOC office, upstairs in Paresky.  Applications are due Friday, April 13.  Find a
pdf of the application here or pick one up outside of the WOC office! Please
email Grace at ggm1 with any questions! :)

MONDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00PM

 TUESDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00PM
- Polar Bear Swim; join us for a refreshing dip in the Green River.  Meet on
Paresky steps at 9 PM, and don’t forget to bring warm clothes, a flashlight, and a
towel. Email Miles at mdh1 with questions.

WEDNESDAY
-Weekly WOC meeting; 7PM in Schapiro Hall 141, all members are welcome!
Contact Sara at sjd1 or Grace at ggm1 to learn more.
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00PM
-Weekly Stonehill Camp Out (weather permitting) meet on Paresky Steps at
10:00 PM, bring a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, water, and extra warm
clothes. Contact Muzhou at ml4 with questions.

THURSDAY
-Open climbing at the Nate Lowe wall in the Field House! 8:00-10:00PM

FRIDAY
-Sunrise Hike up Pine Cobble!  Meet at Chapin Steps at 6AM, we will return to
campus by 8:45AM.

-Greylock Overnight - Gluten Free Gourmet Backpacking: leave campus around
3 PM Friday for a fun night on Greylock’s little-known south side with Miles and
Craig.  Return the following afternoon.  Shakedown tentatively Wednesday night;
email Craig at cmb2 with questions or to sign up!

Saturday
-Sunset Hike up Pine Cobble!  Meet on Paresky Steps at 6:15PM, bring layers,
water, and a headlamp if you have one, and we’ll return to campus by 9:00PM.
Contact Grace at ggm1 with questions!

Sunday
-Geocaching along the Taconic Crest!  Meet on Paresky steps at 1 pm, and we’ll
be back by 4.  Email Tori at vfb1 with questions.