OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
"McCarthy, Duncan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McCarthy, Duncan
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2021 13:57:39 -0500
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

February 15  - February 21

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we
have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College
community.

Announcements

WELCOME BACK - WOC is looking forward to running all sorts of programming
this winter/spring! This winter has been incredible in terms of Berkshire
snowfall, and we want to help you get out and play in it. WOC memberships
are completely free to students this year, so don’t hesitate to sign up for
a trip or schedule an appointment in the equipment room -- we have
snowshoes, sleds, xc skis, and enough warm layers for any outdoor
adventure. If you’re new to the snow, keep an eye out for intro programming
to learn about playing in the winter!

OVERLAND adventure camps - This is so much more than a summer job.

Join the dynamic, accomplished, and charismatic group of Overland leaders
who help kids see the world and all of its beauty and promise. Overland
hires exceptional college students and recent graduates to lead outdoor
summer programs across the country and around the world. We offer hiking,
biking, service, and language trips to students finishing 4th-12th grade.
Apply today
<https://overlandsummers-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1rCXoYNruJKoe9fQkbMYmx1kSl68EBzb3k03RQPPdmC0-738626704&key=YAMMID-00014202&link=https%3A%2F%2Foverlandsummers-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com%2FRedirect%3Fukey%3D1rCXoYNruJKoe9fQkbMYmx1kSl68EBzb3k03RQPPdmC0-0%26key%3DYAMMID-97785207%26link%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Foverlandsummers.com%252Flead-us>
to join our staff of over 200 leaders and support staff. Our next deadline
for leaders is coming up -- Friday, March 12th!

For the past 35 years, Overland has stayed true to its foundational ideas:
small groups, carefully crafted programs, and inspiring leadership. Leaders
describe Overland as the most challenging and most rewarding leadership
experience of their lives.

If you have any questions,  join us for a virtual Info Session to learn
more about how this could be a great leadership opportunity for you this
summer. You can RSVP for an Info Session here
<https://overlandsummers-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1rCXoYNruJKoe9fQkbMYmx1kSl68EBzb3k03RQPPdmC0-738626704&key=YAMMID-00014202&link=https%3A%2F%2Foverlandsummers-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com%2FRedirect%3Fukey%3D1rCXoYNruJKoe9fQkbMYmx1kSl68EBzb3k03RQPPdmC0-0%26key%3DYAMMID-97785207%26link%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Foverlandsummers.com%252Fleader-info-session%252F>.
Additionally, please feel free to email us at [log in to unmask]
We would love to hear from you!

WARM CLOTHING DRIVE

The Williams Outing Club will be collecting gently used coats and warm
clothing for any Williams students in need of warm winter clothing. Any
donations will be available to students and community members through a
free, long-term borrowing program. Students will be able to borrow items
for as long as they need, with the hopes they either return the clothing in
the spring or pass it along to others when they’re through.

We will be collecting from students, faculty, and staff and accepting
donations throughout the winter. The donation drop-off will be in the locked
boxes of Paresky 1st floor near the Park Street entrance- any and all
donations are greatly appreciated!!

The WOC Equipment Room will be open all this week by appointment only.  Hours
will be 12 - 4 on 2/15, 12 - 1:30 T, and 12 - 2 W - F  The Equipment Room
is open to all members of the Williams community.  You must email
 prior to 8 am of the day you wish to pick things up in order to make an
appointment.  An equipment room manager will respond with details and an
appointment spreadsheet.  Please be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on
your CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out
our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSBE2ljff5uGRN524ySPKlHg1y8o0n7dEP1b2xtUs1SwyzKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing! We want to make our trips are
safe, fun, and inclusive.

Activities

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN
ORDER TO GO.

Saturday
First Weekly sunrise hike of the semester “wake up” and down Pine Cobble -
witness the  sunrise at 6:42AM. Meet on Paresky steps at 6 AM!!  Dress for
the weather -  bring extra layers) footwear for a trail that can be snowy,
icy and always rocky!  Headlamps are highly recommended (I’ll have extras
if needed!) bring a filled water bottle and a cup for hot drinks.  Return
to campus by 9:30AM.   Please Contact Scott, [log in to unmask] to reserve
a spot!

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.