OUTING-NEWS-L Archives

outing-news-l

OUTING-NEWS-L@LISTSERV.WILLIAMS.EDU

From:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2021 17:40:30 -0400
WOC-ly OUTING CLUB CALENDAR

April 30 - May 1

Hello WOC family!  Come check out some of the awesome outdoor events we
have going on this week. All events are open to the Williams College
community.

Announcements

The WOC Equipment Room will be open M, W, Th, & F by appointment only.  Hours
will be 12 -2 and The Equipment Room is open to all members of the Williams
community.  Please go to this appointment schedule
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ski84sRy8fXCQKjk-3nNNQiE-e41gaCL_6VQWfKJuc/edit?usp=sharing>
and sign up for a slot.  Be prepared to show a “CLEARED” status on your
CoVerified App when you come for your appointment.  Equipment is due back
one week later so sign up for that appointment also.

We want your feedback on trips! Have you recently gone on a trip and want
to give us feedback on COVID-19 precautions and how things went? Fill out
our feedback form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSBE2ljff5uGRN524ySPKlHg1y8o0n7dEP1b2xtUs1SwyzKQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
after your trip so we know how we’re doing!

Activities

Click here for extra information (mileage, elevation gain, etc) about trips!
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-2w9LpiW2ICscMcsi7WFAC-3DVTkAwP41wcyJ9Qcfo/edit?usp=sharing>

ALL WOC TRIPS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR THE TRIP IN
ORDER TO GO.

Friday

Weekly sunrise hike  “wake up” and down Pine Cobble - sunrise at 5:48 AM. Meet
on Paresky steps at 6 AM!!  3 mile hike round trip, one thousand foot
elevation gain to get your blood flowing and endorphins coursing through
your veins!!.   Dress for the weather, good footwear for a trail that will
be muddy, wet and always rocky!  Bring a filled water bottle and a cup for
hot drinks.  Return to campus by 8:30AM.  Please email [log in to unmask]
to reserve a space.

Stone Hill Stroll Celebrate the end of the week with a walk to Stone Hill.
Meet at Paresky steps at 9am for a relaxed stroll and maybe some cow
sightings! We’ll return to campus around 10:15. Email Isabel
([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]> with any questions and sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
!

Bee Hill Hike We’ll head to Bee Hill at 4 and be back on campus before 7.
Please bring layers, hiking boots (or borrow some from the Equipment Room!)
and water. The trip will be approximately 6 miles of walking on both roads
and trails. Email Charlotte [log in to unmask] with questions or sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
!

Saturday

Bee Hill Hike: Meet at Paresky steps at 9 AM for a refreshing and green
(springtime is finally here!) hike to Bee Hill! Be sure to bring layers,
water bottles, and shoes you like to hike in for this total 6 mile
adventure which includes walking on roads and trails. This hike also
includes some uphill walking (and downhill 😄). We will return to campus
around 12 PM! Email Georgia ([log in to unmask]) if you would like anything
from the equipment room or if you have any questions! Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit#gid=0>
by Friday at noon!

Hopkins Forest Stroll! We will leave from Paresky steps around 11:30 to
hike the lower loop of Hopkins Forest and return around 2:00 at the latest.
It’s supposed to be chilly, so bring a jacket and some good hiking boots,
as the trail may be muddy. The hike will be about 4 miles of both roads and
trails. Email Aaron ([log in to unmask]) with questions, and sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDlXpFj62Q--5J3svBL_2s5vbpl_cR0eVLLnZybAbSo/edit?usp=sharing>
!

The Williams Outing Club (est. 1915)

------------------------------

Find us online at woc.williams.edu and @WOCstagram
<https://www.instagram.com/wocstagram/>!

Equipment Room: Paresky, Level M

WOC Office: 2nd Floor Paresky

--

Scott Lewis
Director

Wk Ph# (413) 597 - 2317
Mobile  # (413) 884 - 5222
FAX     # (413) 597 - 4742

To remove yourself from this list send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message body "signoff outing-news-l" or go to http://listserv.williams.edu and follow the instructions there. Note that if you are subscribed with your [log in to unmask] style e-mail address, you may need to get a password for this address as well.